2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2010 3:39 PM by redwood RSS

Report from Washington

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I promised to report on the Mayflower when I got back from my trip to Washington, and I am happy to say that MR members were correct about it being a great hotel.  I had become a bit spooked reading some negative things about the property on Trip Advisor (even though I try to take anything I read on that site with a grain of salt).  The Mayflower has been beautifully updated and beautifully maintained: all the huge chandeliers are still sparkling.  My suite was tasteful, not over-done, and I was able to get it cleaned during the hours I requested every day of my stay.  I found the concierge and front desk people very helpful, and I really like the fact that the concierge lounge had the tables spread out and and was big enough to accommodate everyone.  The Promanade Cafe serves excellent food and I had one of the best meals of my trip there.

I moved to the Renaissance at Dupont Circle for another part of my stay, and this was an excellent property too, having just been recently redone in a modern look, with bright colors.  The area is convenient for restaurants, though the hotel is actually located five or six blocks from Dupont Circle.  I liked staying there, as it had a nice workout room also.  Though the place is not steeped in American political history, as is the Mayflower, I'd highly recommend both properties.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
District Of Columbia, USA
  • Re: Report from Washington
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Great report! Thanks for letting us know that the Mayflower continues to shine and impress.

I can recall, as a former Washingtonian, the decline and resurgence of the Willard on Pennsylvania Avenue in years past--it went from the place where the term "lobbyist" was coined to abandoned and fly blown, to it's current magnificent state.

History is worth saving and savoring.  Viva la Mayflower!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Report from Washington
    redwood Platinum 5 Reviews

I have to agree, I had 4 nights there mid July - really nice, good staff, good well stocked CL, and convenient for tourist Washington also.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...