0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2010 11:47 PM by kahunapremier RSS

Try this Hotel

kahunapremier Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

For July I have been doing the east to west coast travel and I just have to post about a great Marriott Hotel that I stayed at on two seperate occasions.

This hotel, the Renaissance Club Sport-Walnut Creek, Ca is a fantastic stay and I couldn't of been happier. On both stay's I was on the 5th floor (6th is the highest) both in quiet area's, even though the hotel was over 90% occupied. One of the rooms was a "suite" and it was just that.SWEET! The hotel calls suites..."sweet". Once you stay, you will agree with me.

Bedroom was off in one area and the bathroom/shower area was bigger than the living/work/sink area. Easy flow and not cramped spaces-I felt like home and that eased my work week greatly.

Bed: What can anyone say about Marriott bedding? Simply, I am sleeping on clouds and it was wonderful. Ample lighting both direct and indirect and subdued at will. A great HIT-was the fan in the bedroom. I kept that on all the time and it just moved the air all around, constantly providing me a cool room.

Front Desk Manager-Luis is a great host, very approachable and hosted a wonderful Wednesday night event outside. Weather, pools, spa, 84,000 square foot fitness center is out of this world. More people use that facility than local fitness club. Marriott has found a great revenue stream and providing a level of service that is absolutely incredible.

Staff that need to be mentioned for an outstanding effort: Valet-Chris, Matt, Brendon, John. Very very responsive in getting car delivered and even more impressed with their team work. They ALL assisted to make the delivery of the car smooth and effortless. Grade: A+

Front desk: Kelly, Malinda, Lindsey, Alex (Supervisor), Danielle. WOW, what a staff. Knew exactly what my needs were, listened and was accurate in giving me the exact keys, quick service and billing was flawless. Alex even noticed a bump in my mid week of a price hit, which he quickly fixed to match my other nights, all without me saying a word. Effort like that IS WHY I choose to stay at Marriott's. They SIMPLY CARE about me.  Oh, and when you check in ask for Malinda or Kelly..those two season workers know local eats and were SPOT ON with recommendations. Grade: A+++

Dining: C Blue recently went through a change in menu, color scheme and it showed. I saw the older patterns, but must say from the seating, the flow, the food, C Blue did it right with the modern color palette. It does seem to fit the califonia scene-waves, breeze, freshness.

All in all, a rested stay with wonderful weather, people and local eats. Overall grade: A

Request room 524 upon check in, it is one of the "sweet".

-- Edited by KahunaPremier at Aug 7, 2010 3:42 PM PDT

-- Edited by KahunaPremier at Aug 7, 2010 8:45 PM PDT

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
CA, USA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...