5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2012 8:28 AM by shoeman1000 RSS

Renaissance Hotel 57 New York City

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just spent 5 nights at this property and had a mighty fine stay.  The location is great ( 57th and Madison), the concierge room is nice, air conditioning works great, bed is comfy, and mostly, property employees are ALL nice, professional, and helpful in every way.  Anyone should feel very comfortable booking a stay at this property.  One caveat, rooms are on the small side.

Two particularly memorable meals this week:  Elio's on 2nd ave and 84th, and Nobu on 57th between 5th and 6th.   I am a creature of habit, but would love to hear about other options for GREAT sushi and GREAT Italian if anyone wants to offer up choices.  Otherwise, please try these when you get a chance.  Both will cost you $100 a person, but well worth it in my book. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, USA
  • Re: Renaissance Hotel 57 New York City
    jml1952 Platinum

Il Gattopardo at 33 West 54th St., across the street from MOMA.  I have eaten there several times.  Food is excellent, service is great, best to have reservations, limited seating, restaurant is small and narrow.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jml1952  -  thanks for the response!  Your suggestion is nanother of my favorites already.  Haven't been there in years, but have eaten there surely more than 100 times all told. 

guentermerz Platinum

I spend 3 weeks in this Hotel, and i have made the same experience. I can recomend the Hotel but only if you are stay a short time, the location (Time Square) is over crowded.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yes,

Having had the same experience, you are so right.

guentermerz

I believe you have the wrong hotel in mind.  Hotel 57 is far from Times Square.  It is on the west side of the city (57th and Lexington).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...