11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2013 10:09 PM by klaus29 RSS

Brussels Marriott - Great Hotel

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I've stayed here twice before, so since this is only my second night, I can add some things to previous posts. I will be here five more nights so if I can add anything I will.

First of all, it is a great deal (100 euros a night, two blocks from the Grand' Place).  It's right across from the Bourse metro stop and also close to DeBrouckere.  Airport transportation is simple and cheap -- you go to from BRU to Centraal Station for 5,10 euros then either transfer to the metro or (since I was tired) take a cab, a short distance.

The people here are wonderful.  They speak perfect English, French, Flemish and I'm sure many other languages.  I'm not in  a suite this time like last, but I really don't need one and my room is perfect.

Last night I fell asleep very early, but today I went to the Executive Lounge, which is open 7 days a week.  Breakfast is French style (mostly breads, croissants, fruits, juices, coffees, etc.)  Not the Grand Flora breakfast, but one shouldn't expect that for 100 euros a night.  Besides, you don't want to eat much early because you can either a) eat at any of many of the best restaurants in Europe within two-three blocks -- especially if you like seafood -- or eat appetizers and a few hot dishes and desserts at the Exec Lounge from 5:30-9:30 pm EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK.  No charge at all for drinks, though it is limited to red and white wine, rum and Martini rosso.  With unlimited red wine, no problem for me!  Also, juices, soft drinks, water, etc. in the open fridges.

Since I was jetlagged yesterday, I ate at the hotel restaurant for lunch yesterday. To my surprise, there were few people there.  I had the crab avocado appetizer and filet mignon and it was spectacular. The service was equally good.

I stayed once at the Renaissance Brussels and while it is a nice hotel it is WAY out of the main part of the city.  This hotel is one of the great deals in Europe, along with the Ghent Marriott.

All I can say (realizing by saying so I might unfortunately change the situation) is the Brussels Marriott and Ghent Marriott are two of my favorite hotels in Europe.

I know some of you were unsure of whether the Exec Lounge extended to weekends -- they do (both breakfast and the 5:30-9:30 evening appetizers, dishes, and desserts) every day of the week.

Great hotel, fantastic staff!

ProfChiara

• Re: Brussels Marriott - Great Hotel
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Great news, Professor!  Thanks so very much!  I'm looking forward to my stay in both properties next month!

Have a wonderful time!  Looking forward to lots of photos!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

flwanderer Gold 1 Reviews

We recently stayed at the Brussels Marriott and enjoyed it very much. The location was excellent and the rate for a junior suite exceptional. We couldn't get into the Executive Level breakfast room because the electronic entry was not working so the hotel treated us to a full buffet breakfast in the dining room. The staff was great. The only slight negative was the Bourse across the street. It seems to be a magnet for drunks, homeless and others with no place else to go. While we were there, there was also a large rally on the steps of the Bourse protesting the capture of the Turkish ship by the Israelis. We were not bothered by any of this, but it was a little disconcerting. However, this said, it was still a great stay and I would highly recommend the hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Professor,

Sounds like the place for me!

Have a wonderful trip.

Thanks!

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I've stayed there as well and had a great experience.  They upgraded us to the executive apartments next door, really super nice roomy 2bed room apartment, more space than any room I've ever had at a Marriott property for sure :)

Have a great time there :)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi all,

And it is getting better and better!  The weekend exec lounge breakfasts are more like German than (as I mentioned for the weekdays) French breakfasts - besides the cereals, breads, croissants, yogurt and fruit they had cheeses, cold cuts and salmon.

The executive lounge in the evening is even better.  First of all, Ronnie, who has staffed it every night I've gone there, is wonderful.  She goes out of her way to make you feel welcome.  The kind of drinks vary, but there is always good French red and white wine.  Besides that, one day there was also Martini rosso and rum; the other day campari and vodka.  No limits, no charges as there is at many properties.  The 'appetizers' were as close to the Athens Ledra as I've found in quantity and quality -- first cold dishes, but including lots of fresh or smoked fish -- I had a few dishes of salmon with cucumbers for my dinner the other night.  Then they have warm appetizers, followed by dessert.

The other nice thing is that the exec lounge seems to be just that -- not overrun with guests of guests or children running around.

Oh, and remember our questions about lotions vs. conditioner? Here you get shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bubble bath, mineral salts, and more.

Again, a great deal in every way! I am really pleased because this is even better than my last experience at the Brussels Marriott. At many other properties the trend has been going the other way.

ProfChiara

klaus29 Silver

bonjour to all

i will go same  every years  back  to  the  marriott  grand  hotel in brussels.  i dont  get  points  and nights,  but  i pay  very cheap,  with    e b  vouchers  93.  to 102  euro

for 2  nights.  I will spend  8 nights  in  juin ,   and 8  nights in july.  and  possible with  a  big upgrate  same last  year.

i think  the  lounge  is  new after transformation this  year.  i will  see  the  7 juin on my arrival........  4 years  ago i stay in the renaissance  in brussels,  same   with e b vouchers

i prevere  the marriott.   very good management there.

klaus29

klaus29 Silver

hi   all

greetings  from the  marriott  brussels.  i get a  small upgrate  with my e b voucher  to a junior  suite.

here  the  excutive lounge  is  open 7  days  the  week.

klaus29

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Hi Klaus, I hope you enjoy your stay.  We stayed at this hotel 2 summers ago and enjoyed our stay.  You are lucky to get so many suite upgrades.

klaus29 Silver

razorbackfan

last  year  i get  a  suite,  this  year  only  a  junior  suite.  but  alltime  better at a  small  hotel  room.

klaus29 Silver

In juin i will  stay  again there  8 nights  and  in julay  idem 8 nights.  when i cam from Paris to  Brussels Airport, i take the  Train

to Brussel-Midi, and from there a  Taxi  to the  Hotel.

my 16 Nights i pay with   E  Bay  Vouchers,  valid 1 Year,  832  Euro,  this  is  52  Euro    1  night, and  i get my free  Upgrate.

The  GM  is  German  same  me.  he learn the  Hotel Buisness. There you not a Costumer , but a Guest.

Dont take  your Breakfast in the Lounge, but in the  Restauirant.. there  you have  a  big buffet  with  cheese

smoke  salmon,  chacuterie  and  many many more

sure  Week  End includet

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...