2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2010 12:00 PM by bostonboy RSS

Missed Fairfield Inn Bonus Points

minepapa Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I booked two nights at Fairfield Inn back on May 20 for July 16 and 17.  Left on trip July 10 and returned home August 1. My accumulated mail included the announcement for 5000 bonus points for two stays between July 15 and October 15, 2010.  Registration was required, so I logged on and registered. Then I discovered that since the registration was made after the two stays they are not retroactive.  Now how was I to know this since the mailing was sent sometime after July 10?  Apparently I was not eligible for this promotion due to my ignorance of the program prior to leaving home and there was no other way I could have known.   The Customer service representative was very polite, but stated that since my registration for the bonus program was made after the two night stay the bonus was not retroactive and there was nothing she could do about it.  Can anyone else higher up in the Marriott Rewards organization do something to give me the bonus points?  

-- Edited by Minepapa at Oct 12, 2010 2:35 PM PDT . As it happened I made another trip which required another two night stay at a Fairfield Inn in OCtober, so I ended up getting the 5000 bonus points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Missed Fairfield Inn Bonus Points
    stevew Platinum

Check the Rewards website periodically and you will always be up to date. I check regularily to make sure arrival and bonus points are applied and this way I am always aware of the promotions.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Missed Fairfield Inn Bonus Points
    bostonboy Platinum

I think you still has to get your points, see below the FAQ link which says:

Do qualifying stays/nights made prior to my registration count toward the promotion?
    Yes, as long as you register prior to the registration deadline of October 31, 2010, and your previous stays are between September 15, 2010 – January 15, 2011.

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotionFAQs.mi?promotion=VF102

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...