5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2010 8:14 PM by frequentvacati RSS

Suggestion for long term Marriot Rewards

fieldengineer Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Being a frequent business traveler; I find myself drawn to rewards programs that consider the long term in addition to the short term.  Marriot Rewards has been a solid program for me and I generally feel like my choice to remain loyal to Marriott has been worthwhile.  Still I can't help but wonder why Marriott doesn't have a program in place that offers long term recognition for those who have given an exceptional level of loyalty to their program. 

You see this in many Frequent Flyer Programs who recognize members with a million miles or more but I haven't found a hotel rewards program that does.  Comparing rewards programs with many of my coworkers and even utilizing my HHonors membership when a Marriott property isn't available in the area; I find myself considering the permanent switch to Hilton.  I have plenty of Marriott points and with nearly enough nights to remain platinum next year as well.  I would likely max out my HHonor membership before this year is done and the lure of points plus air miles (plus generally more comfy beds) makes me seriously consider the switch.

As I type this post in my room at the Courtyard; I feel like a long term recognition component being added to Marriott Rewards would greatly encourage brand loyalty.  Maybe something to the effect of 1000 nights equals Gold status for life. Has anyone else considered this as well?

Regards,

FieldEngineer

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Suggestion for long term Marriot Rewards
    fieldengineer Platinum

Apparently I was mistaken about Marriott not having a long term rewards program.  After reading through more posts; I found some information about emerities status.  It baffles me as to why Marriott doesn't advertise this more.  I've been a platinum elite for 3 years now and had no idea these higher levels existed.  Well, at least it gives me something to look forward to and a reason to stick with Marriott whenever possible. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

The requirements for Platinum, Gold and Silver Lifetime Status (once upon a time it was called Emeritus) have been changed recently (actually in January).  It makes achieving the three levels for life more approachable than in the past.  A nice change.

Here's what I posted about the new program.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

just want to strongly agree about the more "comfy" bed in  Hilton properties.  Marriott beds tend to collapse into your body and offer little, if any, support.  do others agree with this???

frequentvacati Platinum 1 Reviews

12 years in program, 2 Million points earned and at least 1 yr as Platinum gets you a lifetime Platinum Elite card.

frequentvacati Platinum 1 Reviews

My wife loves the Marriott beds. I on the other hand would prefer more back support and like a board like mattress. To each his own and make do with what you get. My grandkids like the sofa beds and even the floor.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...