4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2010 2:20 PM by frequentvacati RSS

What to Do with 150K points????

azengineer Silver
Currently Being Moderated

All, me and the wife are looking for ideas on how to spend he 150K points we have left.  We have 3 kids and would like to spend on a vacation that is worth our limited funds and drive time.  We live in Arizona and wanted to know what suggestions anyone can have.  We would like to keep it to the West Coast and don't mind driving down to Mexico.  So, start thinkings of good suggestions.  Thanks in advance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What to Do with 150K points????

Personally I find the best use of points to be in Asia.

You can get a full week at some fabulous properties in Thailand that would knock your socks off for less than that 150K.

If you can manage to get over there I would highly reccomend the resort in Phuket.

The service you get as an elite member over there far exceeds what you will get in the states by a factor of about a billion too!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kahunapremier Platinum

PW is spot on with the Asia trip. If you can fly over and stay at Phuckett, you will be treated like a KING....Indian friend of mine stayed at the newest one when it opened and all week, was treated like a KING.

Can't remember the hotel though, but Asia would be my first place for stretching the points.

james30 Platinum

How old are your children?

frequentvacati Platinum 1 Reviews

Here are some drive time suggestions all of which I have recently done in Arizona and Utah.

If you can drive up to Utah go to Cedar City and stay at the Spring Hills Suites (see http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/cdcsh-springhill-suites-cedar-city/ ) and both Zion National Park and Bryce are spectacular and an easy drive from Cedar City. There is a lot of good hiking (easy to moderate) that your kids would love and the scenery is spectacular and the restaurants in Cedar City (try the Garden Cafe) are reasonable.

Or within northern Arizona go to either Flagstaff (see http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/flgsh-springhill-suites-flagstaff/) or Page (see http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pgacy-courtyard-page-at-lake-powell/) or both.

These are all nice places to stay and viewable locations in Page especially.

The hikes near the hotel in Page or short drives away are spectacular and be sure to see the slot canyons especially Antelope Canyon. The boat tour on  Lake Powell in Page takes you through canyons and to the dam and back.

Near Flagstaff you can visit the many National Parks with the old Indian ruins and the volcanoe fields. I am not sure the age of your kids but if they can hike it would be a most georgeous viewing of natures handywork. If you are interested, post a reply and I'll see if I can dig out the WEB sites and tour info of the places I went and tours I took and maybe even post some photos. You can probably look up some of these as well.

Have a nice vacation and your points should more than cover the stays.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...