2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2010 12:38 AM by spctcc RSS

Courtyard Airport Rome

teb777 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Be aware that the Courtyard Rome "Airport" is 1.5 miles from the airport and the hotel charges the absurd price of 6 euros per person for a one way trip from the airport so a party of 2 is looking at about a $30 bill for shuttle services when you depart (taxi is about 15 euros one way).  The facility itself is also quite dated and the elevator will give you whiplash.  Staff generously described as unfriendly.  If looking for a hotel near the Rome airport, you are much better staying at a competitors hotel that is actually on site (with a free shuttle), is modern and has a very friendly and helpful staff. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Fiumicino-Rome, Rome, Italy Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Rome Airport
Fiumicino, Italy
  • Re: Courtyard Airport Rome
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi teb777,

I couldn't agree more.  I stayed there once and once only, shortly after it became a Courtyard.  I did not feel that it in any way reflected Marriott's standards and wrote a post at the time.  They never gave credited points (although Marriott and visa eventually gave me credit when I faxed the receipt.  The staff at the desk was as you said unfriendly.  The hotel was dated, and the shuttle is only on demand.  I had what I deemed a horrible experience on the way TO the airport.  One of the drivers had a nasal or allergy condition and insisted on going to a pharmacy first before taking me and two other passengers to the airport.

I had not stayed at the Courtyard Airport Rome since that experience -- I simply stay in Rome either at the Grand Flora or Central Park and get a cab or the train connection early in the morning.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Courtyard Airport Rome
    spctcc Gold 3 Reviews

A WONDERFUL HOTEL IS CONNECTED TO ONE OF THE ROME AIRPORT TERMINALS - THE HILTON. IT IS AMAZINGLY NICE, EASY TO WALK TO FROM ANY OF THE TERMINALS, CLEAN, SAFE AND COMFORTABLE. VERY ACCESSIBLE TO THE EVERY HALF HOUR TRAIN INTO ROME CENTRAL. ALSO A GREAT PLACE TO SLEEP OFF JET LAG OR SPOIL YOURSELF ON THE EVE BEFORE DEPARTURE TO STATESIDE.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...