6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2010 1:09 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

building request

netfix Member
Currently Being Moderated

hi, my husband has booked a marriott getaway with ii at the marriott ocean point fl. can i request a certain building and if so where to or to whom do i place it?

• Re: building request
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Call the reservations line and ask them to make a note of your request on your reservation.... you may or may not get it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

klaus29 Silver

the best is you contact  direct the  residence

i know only the gateways  from interval.

then only  the  residence where  you  book  can

help you.  not  interval  no the reservation line.

now if the  gateways  is  from  marriott

then  the answer  from new hilton is  the  best.

good  luck  and  nice holidays

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

netfix Member

thanks to both of you!!!

tjcnewyork Platinum

"my husband has booked a marriott getaway with ii at the marriott ocean point fl. can i request a certain building and if so where to or to whom do i place it?"

netflix

The other answers may not be entirely accurate.  Booking with II means that you own a timeshare and have paid membership dues to II in order to exchange.  As many owners know, Marriott Vacation Club has a Marriott Desk at Interval International to facilitate MVC owner reservations.  Keep in mind that villa assignments are done by the associates onsite about 2 weeks prior to guest/owner arrival.

There is a protocol and priority which is strictly observed. As posted in an earlier message, here's the order for room preference at Marriott's Ocean Watch.  The order is fairly typical across MVCI and likely pertains to Ocean Point.  However, how the new Destination Points program will affect booking priority is unknown and a frequently asked question.  To reset expectations, ask the Front Desk at Ocean Pointe where an II Getaway fits w/in the priority order.

1. OceanWatch Owner on home usage occupancy– contiguous stay (consecutive or concurrent stay) With like requests, owners with the highest # of owned home unit weeks receive priority Then those with the highest # of owned MVCI unit weeks

2. OceanWatch Owner on home usage occupancy– single week stay With like requests, owners with the highest # of owned home unit weeks receive priority Then those with the highest # of owned MVCI unit weeks

3. OceanWatch Owner Exchanging Back into OceanWatch– contiguous stay (consecutive of concurrent stay) With like requests, owners with the highest # of owned home unit weeks receive priority Then those with the highest # of owned MVCI unit weeks

4. OceanWatch Owner Exchanging Back into OceanWatch– single week stay With like requests, owners with the highest # of owned home unit weeks receive priority Then those with the highest # of owned MVCI unit weeks

5. MVCI Owner Exchange – contiguous stay (consecutive or concurrent stay) With like requests, owners with the highest # of owned home unit weeks receive priority Then those with the highest # of owned MVCI unit weeks

6. MVCI Owner Exchange – single week stay With like requests, owners with the highest # of owned home unit weeks receive priority Then those with the highest # of owned MVCI unit weeks

7. Elite Renter or Marriott Rewards Certificate stay – Marriott Reward Elite Status, Platinum, Gold, Silver

8.Preview Rental Guest Reservations

9.Rental (with no Marriott Rewards elite status)

10.Interval International External Exchange

klaus29 Silver

netfix

i think this answer may  no be accurate

here  the  insider speak in all points from

a  exchange.

your  question is about  a  gateways  and not

a exchange, for  my  anderstanding.

what luck for you ,you  take a gateway.

you pay  interval  thats  all. and then you contact

the  residence, all is  so easy  with a gateway.

for make a exchange  when you owner, this  looks

same a war.  with  all the  conditions. impossible

but  truth.

there  the insider give you a correct  answer.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Klaus

II Getaways are basically rental inventory (very affordable inventory) which comes out of different bucket than exchange inventory.  Unless there is extraordinary availability in the particular building being requested, my hunch is that owners at Ocean Pointe or any MVC resort for that matter will have first preference following the order previously listed.

The timeshare market is very soft right now and because of Marriott's decision to discontinue the sale of weeks-based timeshare, there is a glut of rooms available for rent and on the resale and secondary markets. Although a reservation booked as an II Getaway at a Marriott earns Elite Qualifying Nights, the revenue is ineligible for earning Marriott Rewards points.

So, the Getaway rate is an outstanding value.  To illustrate, a Studio at Ocean Pointe for the Labor Day weekend getaway is available for about $47 a night.   For all we know, the requested building may or may not have the specific room type that was booked.  Netflix didn't share that piece of information.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...