3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2010 8:32 AM by nicerinperson RSS

My Summer Story - Savannah, GA

nicerinperson Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I spent the weekend at the Savannah Marriott Riverfront on General McIntosh in Savannah. It was on a reward stay and we had been slightly dissapointed not being able to reserve the Autograph Bohemian, but the Marriott Riverfront took care of us very well. We were placed on the 5th floor in a Suite with a balcony overlooking the indoor courtyard/pool and floor to ceiling windows overlooking the river. We were also given "Healthy Start" breakfast coupons for the weekend and found the restaurant provided a full buffet option for an extra two bucks. The room was excellent and the only comment was my wife thought the TV was a bit smallish for such a large room.

The property was accessible by a short riverfront walk to Bay Street and River Street and made it easy to visit downtown. Parking in Savannah is always a problem and having covered parking at the property was a nice touch. Of course parking was not included, but was much less expensive than trying to find a parking space in much of the Historic District.

We had an awesome time, visiting every square in town and taking a trolley tour. The room was a welcome haven each time we returned from the ultra hot and humid outdoors. Over 350 photos later my wife is still aglow from our time in Savannah and much of that glow can be attributed to the stay. Thank you Marriott!

One final note is we ate at the Bohemian property retaurant, Rocks on the River and I would highly recommend you stop there if in Savannah!

Note: For some reason this would not post in Local, feel free to move it there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: My Summer Story - Savannah, GA
    diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

I have stayed at the Savannah Riverfront several times, and I agree that it's a nice property.  It's been a few years, but one time I stayed there around Christmastime, and that giant atrium was filled with beautifully decorated Christmas trees: it was a contest, and different organizations/businesses competed for the best-decorated tree awards.  It was amazing. 

On an earlier stay, I'll never forget being awakened at 5 am one morning in my riverfront room by the loudest fog horn I've ever heard: it sounded like it went off right next to my ear.  I almost had a heart attack and jumped out of bed and ran to the balcony, where I almost had another heart attack, because it looked like this giant cargo ship was only about five feet away and headed straight for the hotel!  Of course, it wasn't, but I didn't need any coffee to get me started that morning.  And then I was able to commerate this event by buying a really beautiful photo of one of the cargo ships on the river, gliding through the mists of the morning, when I went to one of the many art galleries that same day.  I still have the photo, framed and on the wall of one of my offices, and I remember all my Savannah experiences fondly.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Nicer,

Having never stayed in Savannah, this really sounds great!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

You may want to go back and submit this in "Local", by checking the "Local" box on the submission page.  That will get you into the contest with this great story for sure.  Good luck!

nicerinperson Platinum

For some reason it would not go into Local. It kept going in an endless loop and so I figured I'd post it in pretty much the only forum I hang out in, this one.

(I did see a posting somewhere which indicated they would check all the forums for the stories.)

FWIW - we too got the foghorn treatment and the boats are not very far away for sure!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...