3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2010 2:05 PM by islandlover RSS

Cocoa Beach, Florida Story

mariac Silver
Currently Being Moderated

My son and I were planning a "mother/son" trip for almost a year because we couldn’t' decide where to go and what to do.  Tom, my 22 year old wanted to travel to Cocoa Beach, Florida.  Being a beach person, Cocoa Beach didn't excite me because of all the beaches in Florida I thought we could have picked something better.  Needless to say, I gave in and booked a stay for a few days and I'm happy to say I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised.  We had a great time walking the beautiful beach (almost careabean like blue water) in the morning as we were destined to have lunch and drinks at the Pier’s outside tikki bar providing a perfect rest spot before heading back down the beach to our hotel.  Once there, we rinsed off, relaxed by the pool for another quenching drink before heading up to get ready for dinner.  Only minutes away is a Port where ships are seen going and coming and great food is served while live music is heard as the sunset disappeared behind us.  With the upgrades planned for this hotel's sleeping rooms paired with the already posh lobby, this hotel and town is a keeper!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Cocoa Beach, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral
  • Re: Cocoa Beach, Florida Story
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Maria,

Thank-you for sharing this with us!

As a former member of the area, I have always felt this is a great place.

Rusty's Raw Bar and the Port area are special.

The beach is great and the prices are very reasonable.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

techie Platinum 7 Reviews

I went to have a look at that hotel, and it looked fabulous...except I couldn't help but see the ashtrays around the bar, right by the pool.   I can't understand what having a smoking area has to do with swimming.....your description is very nice, but you leave out the smoking area issue....were there people smoking around the pool?

islandlover Platinum

Thanks so much for sharing your story about Cocoa Beach.  I've been to Florida several times, but never thought about Cocoa Beach (Daytona is where we have stayed oceanside).  Loved your reference to the "almost Caribbean like blue water"!  You have given me a place to consider after my husband's business trip to Orlando.  I'll be checking out the Marriotts in the area.

Sincerely, Islandlover

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...