7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2010 6:56 PM by superchief1 RSS

Marriott Paris CDG Airport

superchief1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

After having an initial problem with the airport shuttle service (see below), I had a very enjoyable stay at the Marriott CDG airport in Paris. During check-in, I was given a voucher for dinner due to the shuttle problem. Front desk staff was very helpful and welcoming. The lobby and restaurant area are open and nicely decorated. The concierge lounge is on the main floor across from the reception area. They served snacks and complimentary wine on Friday evening, and refreshments were always available. I enjoyed one of the best meals of my entire trip in the restaurant, and service was outstanding. The fitness center is well equipped, including dumbells and a lat bar, in addition to the standard cardio and weight equipment.

Platinum members are well taken care of. My platinum arrival gift included a full bottle of wine and large fruit basket. A full buffet breakfast in the restaurant was also included. I was initially informed that the internet was complimentary, but later learned this is not true. The charge was taken off my bill, but be aware that European hotels do not participate in the free internet program for platinum members. I believe that free wireless is available in the lobby, but I can't confirm this.

There is a major problem with the airport shuttle service for this hotel, and it is provided by an outside company. The shuttle stops at several other hotels, and only stops at two 'airport' locations. These inculde the local train station and the TGV station near the Sheraton. Airport maps show additional hotel shuttle locations, but none are currently able to be used. The information desk at the airport provided me incorrect information, and there are no signs for the hotel shuttles. When I finally found the stop for the TGV station, I learned I was on the wrong side and had to go back down the elevator to get to the other side. Forty minutes later, I finally found the correct location and boarded the shuttle. However, it was break time for the driver so we sat for 20 minutes at the local train station. Others on the bus also had difficulty locating the shuttle stops. I recommend taking a taxi rather than using the shuttle.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France
  • Re: Marriott Paris CDG Airport
    klaus29 Silver

superchief1

you have luck with your schuttle, not  me.

one bottle  wine,  free  dinner,  and  free  internet.

happy for  your  stay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi SuperChief1,

I've stayed at the Marriott CDG a number of times and concur with your excellent description of the facilities and service.  The shuttle does stop at a number of hotels in the vicinity, which is not a problem arriving but can be when you're leaving.  I have done it lots of times so I know the deal, but if you do so again, I'd ask a question in French TGV? (Tay Zhay Vay)? or Terminal 2 or whatever. Of course, now you know so that probably doesn't help.  I remember doing it once myself.  I forget what terminal corresponds to the station, but remember it's lower level and I didn't think to get off.

Anyway, it's good to let the hotel know that they need to keep the shuttle service accountable, but I am pleased to learn the hotel itself hasn't changed since my last stay.

ProfChiara

klaus29 Silver

profchiara

all change  bevore  this marriott  wars  a courtyard

and  about the  schuttle  its  very difficult now.

july 1 this year all  change. a new compagnie desert

now the  different  hotels.  bevore  the  schuttle  bring you

to all airport  gate  terminal 2 ABCDE  same  for terminal 1

now  only to roissy pool  and from there you have to

take the airport train roissy val to  terminal 1 or 2 its much

more difficult today

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Super,

My recent stay was a pleasure!

Had an early morning flight and was glad I stayed there!

Thanks!

superchief1 Platinum

I have seen other posts regarding problems with getting points posted for Europe hotel stays. I still haven't received my credit for my stay on 7/7. Customer care told me to wait at least 4 weeks before doing a missing stay request. So much for modern technology.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi SuperChief1,

This one surprises me because in my experience the CDG Airport Marriott has always been extremely quick in posting points, though I have had problems elsewhere in Europe.  I would suggest emailing the hotel with the appropriate confirmation number and ask that they post it as soon as possible.

ProfChiara

superchief1 Platinum

Prof Chiara,

Thanks for the information. Where can I find the email address for the hotel? I sent an email to customer service for MR, but they told me I should wait ten weeks and then send them another email. This is not an acceptable respons, IMO. I would prefer to contact the hotel directly, but could not find a source for their email address.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...