0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2010 9:50 AM by tef6178 RSS

Marriott Frenchmans Reef

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I had posted a question on Insiders regarding the Trip Advisor reviews on this hotel and was VERY concerned about going here. My wife and I just returned from this hotel resort and here is a summary:

We were warmly received upon arrival and quickly checked in. We received (without asking) a room upgrade to a suite on the top (8th) floor. The interaction we received was positive from every associate. The restaurant food was very good in the Sunset Beach Terrace, Windows on The Harbor, Captains Cafe and especially Havana Blue. Not once were we 'snubbed' by anyone at any time. (The associates were all wearing buttons with a red ' "YES" is the answer... Now, what is the question?') Obviously, they have heard the feedback and are trying to make adjustments. Very well done, based on our stay.

Yes, the hotel is in need of an upgrade, but it was very pleasing as is. There was a ferry to take you from the resort to Charlotte Amalie and the taxi service was, for the most part, good and efficient. TA reviews also discussed it being too pricey and having bad food and service. Yes, it was pricey...but the food and service were very good. Not once did we wait to be seated and a frequent check to see if our food was as expected and could they get us anything else was the norm. As an aside, if going to a beautiful island resort where all the merchandise must be shipped in by boat or plane container, one should expect that prices will not be cheap. That's reality.

I would disregard the sour grapes TA reports as we had a wonderful time and a wonderful stay at the Marriott Frenchmans Reef resort and I would recommend that people go there without trepidation as the place was great.

We did go thru the timeshare presentation to find out what we could about the new 'points' program and I will post those discussions in a later post.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...