1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 14, 2010 8:30 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Recongizing Courtyard as a Premier Brand

leisuretravlr Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I wanted to comment briefly on my on-going satisfaction with service level and amenities at the Courtyard brand.

I'm not certain who is in charge of this brand specifically, but I want to give praise and "tip my hat" to what I can only describe as a re-birth of this brand.  Specifically the Courtyard in Midland, Texas and 2 properties in San Antonio (the new Riverwalk location and the Courtyard at the RIM) have wowed me.  The 2 in San Antonio were 1-time visits (so far) but because I have family in the Midland/Odessa area I stay at this property every 2-3 months.

All of these properties have an air about them that goes beyond just being a newer property.  It is not just the physical properties, but rather the level of service and committment to exceed expectations that set these properties apart and on a scale more reminiscent of full-service Marriott brands.  The front desk, restaurant (Barbara in Midland has provien to be a consisitant smiling face that we look forward to almost as much as our own family!) and housekeeping staff all seem to be committed to providing more than just a room, but rather an experience.  Even sepcial requests which are part of my profile have been consistantly fulfilled at Courtyards more so than any other brand.  And any issues I do encounter and bring to their attention are dealt with immediately.

It is common to comment only on the negative, and to let the properties, people and occassions which meet expectations go unnoticed.  And having had less than moving experiences at not just Marriott but also J.W. properties recently I wanted to take the time to voice my satisfaction and give praise where it is due, and as these instances all seem to come under one brand to do so in this specific forum.

When searching for properties in a new area I do not hesitate to expand the "Hotels by brand" option and to select Courtyard to narrow down my search.

• Re: Recongizing Courtyard as a Premier Brand
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

leisuretravlr

Clearly these 3 properties are delivering a guest experience that exceeds your expectations.  Consider writing Customer.Care@Marriott.com and place Great Stay In [San Antonio Courtyard] Confirmation #[12345678] in the Subject.

Describe your experience, the associates who made a difference and how much you look forward to coming back.   Customer.Care will acknowledge your note and forward same to the Courtyard management team with kudos.  We tend to file complaints when things go wrong and overlook acknowledging the positives when a stay goes better than expected.

At one of my recent stays in a Residence Inn, I had to call the Front Desk about a housekeeping/maintenance issue related to prior guests who were smoking.  Not only did the associates I spoke with apologize, they dispatched housemen to take care of the situation immediately.

Taking steps to resolve a guest issue turned a potential negative experience into a very positive one - which I noted in my report - acknowledging the associates who took care of me.  When I returned a month later, they made sure to double-check in advance so that the issues would not be repeated.

Corporate keeps track of these reports and places a copy of your note in the associates' HR file.  In an organization that prides itself on excellent service, your acknowledgment will mean a great deal.

Thanks for posting.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...