7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2012 12:49 AM by tracyeg RSS

Springhill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront

seadude Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone looking to stay at Virginia Beach in a Marriott property should absolutley look at the Springhill Suites.  The hotel is very new - great decor (new Springhill design) with a nice outdoor pool/ tiki bar adjacent to the hotel.

We were fortunate enough to get a second floor room (all are oceanfront) with a balcony that was as big as the room.  very friendly and will return again

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
  • Re: Springhill Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Thanks seadude for sharing your positive experience in Virginia Beach.  Was this a paid stay at the Springhill Suites or on points?  Is the hotel on the beach or on a boardwalk?

Your earlier posts mention MVC vacation ownership in Maui and the trading value to Hilton Head as one of your reasons to buy. Have you considered enrolling in the new Destination Points program?  What are your thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vpplayer Platinum

As an anniversary gift to my daughter and SIL, I redeemed a five-night stay on points for them at the Spring Hill Suites (Level 6) in June and they came home very satisfied with the lodgings and location.  It gets great reviews on Tripadvisor as well.  Va Beach has several decent oceanfront Marriott properties (two CYs, an SHS, TPS, FFIS and a RI) along the "boardwalk" which stretches the 3 miles of beach from north to south.  I believe every room is oceanfront but don't hold me to that.  I spent a weekend last September at the Courtyard on the north end, and for this September am trying to get into the SHS which is closer to the south end.  I do have a reservation at the Residence Inn which also has very good reviews.

seadude Platinum

the Residence Inn is nice, but no outside pool.  The CY on northend has a pool that gets full sun all day.  we really liked the Springhill as it's all ocean front rooms, 2nd floor has a huge balcony and it has a pool next to the hotel (full sun all day - cool tiki bar)

you'll enjoy, go to 31 Ocean, great restaurants, concerts, etc

seadude Platinum

haven't enrolled in the points program yet.  I looked and could not even stay at my home resort with the amount of points given.  could only stay 1 week.  we have been very fortunate trading with Interval.

dbeachy Member

Tell me do you have any openings for April 17th -April 19th?

gmrw Gold 1 Reviews

This hotel appears to be have been bought by Marriott and just remodeled it. Parking was initially awkward. We could not off load luggage off at the front door. We had to go to a parking deck and parked on the 3rd level. Had to lug our luggage and all other belognings down with us because there were NO luggage carts available for customer use. They did have an elevator for use. The receptionist at the front desk was not very concerned about our struggles to check-in. There was no valet parking and only 2 or 3 handicap spots available by the front door. Pools were nice. Rooms were a bit small. I believe this hotel used to be a very run down motel for summer and spring breakers because it still smelled like beer and cigarettes. We had a pleasant stay but nothing special for us to return to this hotel. Overpriced & Overrated~

tracyeg Gold

I stayed next door at a Hampton on points and was jealous seeing the good time happening over in the pool area.  The Hampton had an indoor pool but it was nothing like the Springhill pool.  It looked like a fun time in that huge pool.  Will check into the Springhill next time in that area.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...