3 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2012 11:10 PM by texasvoyager RSS

Resort Breakfast for Platinum Premier?

istaytoomuch Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am borrowing this from a post on Flyer Talk:

Have I been asleep or is this something new?

If you read the words on the Platinum Premier benefits from the Marriott Web site (http://www.marriott.com/rewards/memb...elite.platprem) concerning breakfasts it says:

Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Continental Breakfast
Help yourself to light snacks, beverages and complimentary continental breakfast in our Concierge/Executive Club Lounge at participating Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, or Renaissance Hotels & Resorts. For Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, or Renaissance Hotels & Resorts without a Concierge/Executive Club Lounge, we invite you to enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast on your weekday stays, Monday-Friday. Just show your membership card and room key in the hotel restaurant. We guarantee you will always receive access to either the lounge during normal hours of operation or complimentary breakfast, or we will reimburse you $100 USD at full-service hotels. (Not available at resort locations)

Now read the words on the Platinum benefits page (http://www.marriott.com/rewards/memb...ts/platinum.mi) and note what is missing:

Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Continental Breakfast
Help yourself to light snacks, beverages and complimentary continental breakfast in our Concierge/Executive Club Lounge at participating Marriott Hotels, JW Marriott Hotels, Renaissance Hotels or Autograph Collection. For Marriott Hotels, JW Marriott Hotels, Renaissance Hotels or Autograph Collection without a Concierge/Executive Club Lounge, we invite you to enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast on your weekday stays, Monday-Friday. Just show your membership card and room key in the hotel restaurant. We guarantee you will always receive access to either the lounge during normal hours of operation or complimentary breakfast, or we will reimburse you $100 USD at full-service hotels. (Not available at resort locations)

While it would appear the $100 for not providing the benefit doesn't apply at resorts, the addition of the "& Resorts" for Platinum Premiers seems to be a clear difference between the two levels.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Resort Breakfast for Platinum Premier?
    redwood Platinum 5 Reviews

Well I'm platinum prem and Hilton Head Island Resort did not provide breakfast vouchers in April!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

craig749 Platinum 1 Reviews

I have been platinum for over 15 years. During the past few years I always received at least a continental breakfast at all Marriotts, including resorts. That is until this past month when I stayed at the JW Marriott in Orlando. They said since they are a "resort" they do not provide breakfast. They lost a star in my review because of it. Thanks for the tip on the benefits site. In the future I will ask to speak to the manager in cases like this.

texasvoyager Platinum 30 Reviews

I've been Platinum Premier for the past four years and just earned Lifetime this year.  Not ONCE have I ever had a Resort class property provide me with a complimentary continental breakfast.  Oahu Ihilani, Grand Cayman Marriott, St. Kitts Marriott, among a few others, have all denied me on this benefit.  I have even printed out the details from the website and 'discussed' this with a few of the properties to no avail.  What I have learned is that there is ample ambiguity in the 'rules' to always give them an easy out on this benefit.  Unfortunately, loyalty is not appreciated by all.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...