1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 7, 2010 9:43 PM by jack2000 RSS

Marriott Cancun Mexico

daverag Gold
Currently Being Moderated

We first visitied the Marriott Cancun when it first opened some 20 years ago, and we came to stay again in May advising reservations that this was an anniversary visit and would appreciate a room upgrade if at all available.  When we arrived we were shocked (and pleasantly surprised) to find that not only did the hotal place us on the top floor with an expansive overview of the beach and ocean, but our room was strewn with rose pedals, into the bath and around the tub and sink and all over the floor.

This remains one of my favorite destinations and Marriott provided us with a truly memorable experience.  Thank you !

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Cancun, Mexico
  • Re: Marriott Cancun Mexico
    jack2000 Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

My fmily and I have been going to Marriott hotels in PV and Cancun for years. We love Mexico. While we rate PV higher than Cancun the service always leaves something to be desired. Again great grounds and pool. I  have actually had to serve myself at the pool and beach side bar/restaurant. When I asked if I could get service I have been told sorry to busy can you handle it yourself. When I asked to see a manager I have been asked if I would like cookies and milk. Needless to say we ate out. When I offered to pay for an upgarde I was told I really dont want an upgrade and should just accept what I get. The difference bnetween PV and Cancun  is that in PV they actually follow up. I have never had a follow up even to comments sent into the Marriott website asking for contact. Enjoy the views, bnut lower your expectatiuons on serice. I mean really lower them. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...