11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2014 3:50 PM by emry88 RSS

Getting Credit for Nights and Points

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have been having recent problems with getting my nights and points posted, and I remember someone else writing about this recently too (Prof Chiara?).  I have never had issue with either the points or the night being posted before, but mine started last month...and they are hard to fix.

In early June I stayed at a Courtyard Inn, and it took a couple phone calls and two visits back to the property (luckily it is located close by) to get it straightened out.  Then, in mid-June, I stayed at one of the new Autograph collection of hotels, and that one is still not posted (either the nights or the points), dispite three phone calls so far from me.  In addtion, I did not receive the electronic copy of my bill, as I am always wont to do, subsequent to check out.

I remember a couple of postings on thie site about the bureaucratic hassle of the "Missing Stay Request" process, and I totally agree.  I am not going to go that route, though it was "recommended" to me during the third phone call to acct dept of the Autograph Collection property yesterday.  When the accountant suggested that, I told him I did not feel that it was an appropriate process, and I said, "This is not my mistake; I should not be the one whose burden it is to fix it."  Is anyone else having these difficulties with getting the points and nights posted to their MR account?  Maybe I have just had a recent run of bad luck, but it's surprising to me, as I've never had these difficulties in the past many years that I've been an MR member.

• Re: Getting Credit for Nights and Points
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi Diogenes72,

You did remember correctly that it was me.  I had two problems in the past month alone.  My stays are almost always in Europe, and frequently they seem to post euros as if they were dollars (definitely not!).  In the most recent case, their point tally made no sense at all even if it was based on euros -- and I have gotten no satisfaction either despite faxing all the materials and my credit card bill and talking to two representatives.  (It should be about 2500 points higher than credited.)

At several problems, I just never got credit until I persisted -- the Rome Airport Courtyard; the Rome Central Park; and some others.

Usually by talking with a representative you will get your points, but getting the right amount is another matter.

Still, I agree completely Marriott should have a much better way of posting points and handling these situations.  My Delta points are posted within a day after flying, so why can't Marriott do the same on an across-the-board basis.  I realize there is probably a franchise issue, but if Marriott made it clear this has to be observed everywhere, then it might make a difference.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

klaus29 Silver

i agree completly with you

its very difficult now to get all points and nights

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

i have had the same problem for over a year now any stay i make in the us goes on without a problem but here in the united kingdom i have had to submit a missing stay request for over 30 stays .

roggyny Platinum

I travel mostly in the US and the past few months, since July, i've had problems with nights and points posting.  and this is for travel at larger marriott's in the US.  I know my membership number is on the reservation because i am greeting with a "thank you for being a platinum member", however, it's a crapshoot whether i'll get an email receipt and/or points posted to my account.  recently stayed at the New Orleans Marriott.  A large hotel.  received a fantastic upgrade for 2 nights as well.  But no email receipt and no points.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Roggy,

Welcome to Insiders and thanks for posting your positive upgrade experience at the Marriott New Orleans - a great city and hotel for sure.  Regrets on the inconvenience, several factors can contribute to missing stays|points|efolios.  For a quick remedy, call Customer-Support Marriott-Platinum 1-800-321-7396

Make sure to have your Marriott Rewards account number handy along with the dates of your stay(s) in question.  The Customer Support team will contact the hotel(s), verify the stays and process an update to your account effective w/in 24 hours.

emry88 Platinum

Having the same issues with Cosmo in Vegas. Missing stay requests seem to go into a black hole. There really needs to be better communication process- such as conformation of receipt and email resolution.   I still cannot understand how this happens especially when a platinum member books thru the Marriott website. Frustrated!

erc Platinum

emry88

Apparently Marriott "cannot understand how this happens" either as you can see from the four year old post above yours, that this is a recurring problem (suedonj ).

TJC's advice is spot on - call the plat line and deal with a human (as opposed to e-mailing or worse yet, faxing). Most of the times they can handle relatively promptly and effectively. Best of luck.

ps- if you get the robot man who answers - bypass him by saying, "I want to combine two Marriott accounts" (you don't, but he doesn't have that much artificial intelligence to know otherwise and will send you straight thru, since it fries his tiny little electronic brain ).

emry88 Platinum

Thanks for the advice.  This worked just as you said.  Appreciate the tip!

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

We found out the hard way.  My husband is listed at the Marriott Rewards account holder.  We go on vacation and always stay at Marriott locations via reservations.  My husband will either wait in the rental car or come in to the lobby and sit down.  I go check in.

Because HE is not the one checking in, even though our MR ponts account number is on the reservation-no points and no days stayed credited to the account.

Luckily, through working with a CSR at Marriott rewards phone line...all is fixed. (including Gold status)

From now on, my husband will be standing right next to me at check in.

a/k/a "point junkie"

natecann Platinum

I have been having trouble with the Autograph properties - both House of Blues in Chicago and Cosmopolitan in Vegas.

Nobody in customer service wants to help even though I am a Lifetime Platinum.

It cant be a coincidence as I have received credit for every stay that I can ever remember and then, twice in about a month or so, two problems in a row.

Much like you, Customer Disservice blames me for Marriott's mistakes.

calbear92 Platinum

The problem right now is getting the elite night credits for the Chase Marriott Rewards Card.  You get one night for every $3K spent on the card.  I received the first night (so I know it does work), but not the second one recently... I got an email from MR noting they're having a problem with awarding the nights at the moment.  It's been about 6-8 weeks now since the last one was due. 

Problem with the MR website's account activity page is it doesn't show you the nights being credited... no running tally.  That said, you can see under the summary the totals of where the nights have come from, and there I can deduce the night from the credit card hasn't be awarded yet.  Keep an eye on your account as well if you have the credit card...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...