2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2010 4:23 PM by fairfieldcoco RSS

Stay Away

kcward Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I never thought I'd say this, but I would actually suggest that you stay somewhere else rather than the Courtyard by Marriott in Brookline, Massachusetts.  I stayed here earlier this year, when the lobby was under construction, and came back because that earlier experience was so good.  Now, with construction completed, the lobby stands as an example of this particular venue's dedication to the superficial and an overpriced inattention to detail.  As often happens, it is the little things that make a stay so memorable, and this site apparently doesn't get that basic concept.

For my $210.89 for one night and one parking space in an underground garage (a price which, in all fairness, included $31.20 in of Taxachusetts taxes), I had a coffee maker missing its basket; air conditioning that cranked constantly at 65 degrees, without lowering the room temperature below 80 degrees - AFTER an engineer told me it was working fine; satellite television that cut out every 2 minutes, depending on the station; and an overpriced bistro that was best avoided, given the number of other places within a city block that were far better values.  My only consolation was the, uhm, "discount" I received as an AAA member.  My elite status apparently counted for very little.

When in Brookline, just say "no" to the Courtyard by Marriott.  Now I need to go find a cup of coffee or an errant basket.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Massachusetts, USA
  • Re: Stay Away
    tjcnewyork Platinum

KC

Consider e-mailing Customer.Care@Marriott.com and request a refund.  Marriott's typical Guest Satisfaction Survey includes a category, Everything in Working Order.  Housekeeping is supposed to check EIWO and report otherwise.  When a guest arrives EIWO contributes to a high GSS score because the A/C should provide cooling on demand and the DirecTV should seize your attention when you hit the remote.  As a guest, when Everything is in Working Order, you can Relax, Refresh and Re-energize.  If Marriott Courtyard failed to deliver upon this promise, the guest deserves a REFUND.

The reporting process also makes sure that corporate is on alert that one of their properties may have issues that impact the guest experience and the brand overall.  For all you know there are several guests reporting similar if not identical items.

Customer.Care will forward your note to the management of the property for handling.  Typically, the GM or hotel manager is obligated to contact you.  Although it may take time, reversing a charge should be simple.  To compensate you for the inconvenience, request Bonus Points.

Good luck and report back what happens.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Stay Away
    fairfieldcoco Member

i agree

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...