3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2010 3:26 PM by superchief1 RSS

My Summer Travel Story that Almost Wasn't

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It was going to be a beach wedding planned -- as usual --months in advance.  My daughter and future son-in-law   -----  and the entire family were looking forward to a wonderful and typical beach ceremony combined with a great Hawaiian vacation.

That's when the father of the bride - me - discovered the need for a routine surgical procedure.

Unfortunately, the procedure - though not an emergency - could not be scheduled prior to the ceremony.  So, dad went anyway, enjoyed the festivities, and stuck it out.

What is not known is the incredible kindness and help extended by many folks - particularly the staff and management of Marriott's Maui Ocean Club.  Although the wedding was on a nearby beach, the folks at the MOC were marvelously accomodating as I limped along.

A month later, the procedure was very successful.  However, thanks to the Marriott folks on Maui, dad was able to enjoy his daughter's wedding day and now he is back to himself.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Lahaina - Maui, Hawaii, USA
  • Re: My Summer Travel Story that Almost Wasn't
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Country Jim,

Aloha!

Glad all is well!

Great one.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Have aq complete recovery!  Great story and Mahalo Nui Loa for sharing.

superchief1 Platinum

Countryjim,

I am happy to hear you are recovering. Your story reinforces my experiences with the excellent service and customer care at the MVC resorts. Now, if only management would keep the custormer in mind as they continuer to ruin the MVC ownership experience.

BTW: I just returned from a great vacation in Park City  at Mountainside. We took the train again from Denver to SLC along the Colorado 'Moon' River. Other than the late westbound train due to trackwork in IL, this was another wonderful train trip.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...