9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2010 10:01 PM by nuhusker RSS

Why stay at the Marriott

disapointed Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply and information. I have been a long time customer and promoter of the Marriott brand, the roots and values in which the company started, etc.

I guess I never really looked at or knew that Marriott supports P (would not allow me to post full wording) via their in-room entertainment. I have to say that I am very disappointed in hearing that profits are more important to the Marriott at this point then what the negative effects that comes from anyone watching P cause.

I hope that this gets passed up the line to Bill Marriott, and that by hearing these comments he might follow the path of Steve Jobs who has firmly decided to put profits aside when it comes to P.

While describing the Marriott to others in the future, I have no choice at this time but to include the fact that the Marriott supports and offers P  in their rooms. Having such knowledge in hand will also cause me to lower my consideration of staying at the Marriott next time I travel with my family or while on any business trips.

Respectfully,

Mike

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Why stay at the Marriott
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

What is P? Sorry about your poor stay at this Marriott.. If this happened to me, I would have spoke directly to the General Manager as well as Marriott Central customer service the first day I was there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I believe the poster is referring to adult movies.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

NewHilton  -  I believe you are correct.  Mike - Regarding the offering, there are easy and clear safeguards anyone can take to block adult movies, you can even block all pay-per-view if you would like. 

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I don't think that should stop one for staying at a Marriott. I imagine most hotels offer this. Although I don't condone it, one can take steps to make sure it does not interfere in their stay.

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

As I don't watch it, it has never bothered me.  But, curious why the original poster brings it up...  it's not blatently advertised with promos or such.  If flipping through channels, it doesn't automatically 'tune in to what is playing'.  Think you need to do more to 'see more'!  Surprised

tjcnewyork Platinum

"While describing the Marriott to others in the future, I have no choice at this time but to include the fact that the Marriott supports and offers P  in their rooms."

The availability of adult content is subject to laws in local jurisdictions.  As all hotels are subject to compliance, Marriott is too.  Rather than suggest that Marriott engage in censorship, perhaps the underlying legal statutes that permit broadcasting of this content on channels by satellite or cable (which are also regulated) should be challenged?

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

TJC -- I personally like both solutions...censorship and legislation.  Having said that, I wonder where Disappointed has been.???  All you have to do is go out of the house to see the **** practically everywhere...convienence store, service station, and so on.  Maybe Disappointed has never stayed at a hotel?  BTW...whatever happened to the beds that would vibrate/massage for a quarter?

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

NUHUSCKER -  AAHHHHHH.....   the vibrating bed.  A piece of Americana! what percent of the time did those things work correctly? 

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Shoeman -- I never actually used one.  Never had exact change.  HA!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...