0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 4:37 PM by profchiara RSS

Worldwide Free Internet Access

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When I reported all the (many) pluses and (a few) minuses about my stay at the Marriott Porte de Monaco, New Hilton asked why I didn't get free internet access.  I have often gotten free access as a platinum member in Europe, especially at the Grand Flora, Central Park Rome and others.  But in still others, I have had to pay very high rates.  It was exceptionally high at the Marriott Porte de Monaco, and since I need regular access, I had no choice.  Daily rates were 19,95 euros, I forget the two day rates, but it then jumped to a week for 99,50 (about $125).  I was staying 5-1/2 days, so I had to sign up for a week.

NewHilton brings up a really important point.  I know the change in free internet for elite members applies only to North America presently, but it should apply worldwide, especially since many European countries have greater access than we do.  I have stayed at some of the most mediocre hotels (because there was no choice) in France and Italy, and have always gotten pass codes for free wireless internet.

Since I stayed at the Porte de Monaco (which is not alone in these charges) on points, my most expensive cost aside from meals was usage of the internet.  That is ridiculous.

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...