3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2010 9:57 AM by tef6178 RSS

Elite Night Credits per $3,000 of Marriott Visa Charges

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have found it very challenging to reconcile the amount of Elite Night credits received to amount of net charges.  Unfortunately, there is no way to review detail on either Marriottrewards.com or Chase.com.  All you can see is how many you have received but no idea when, so there is no way to tell if its correct.

I talked with Marriott, who says they don't have any detail on that.  I checked with Chase, who says they don't have detail on that and I need to talk to Marriott.  Caught in a loop.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Elite Night Credits per $3,000 of Marriott Visa Charges
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

We are (at least I was) Penn State so here's a heartfelt hello.  Anyway, due to my profligate spending on older cars and Marriott stays I have racked up about 10 nights on my Chase card since that promotion began.  And yes it seems to make no sense because there is no way to track the cost versus nights on either Marriott Rewards or Chase's website.

I recently called Chase via their toll-free line and they told me they have no way of checking--so I hope for the best.

Good luck and maybe if they keep it alive we can n check our progress-much as they do on the Marriott website with other promotions?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vpplayer Platinum

From the Chase Site:

6 Elite Night Credit:

• You will earn 1 Elite night credit for each $3,000 in net purchases. There is no limit to the number of Elite nights that you can earn. Please allow 6-8 weeks for Elite nights to be credited to your Marriott Rewards account from the last day of each calendar month you qualify. Purchases do not include balance transfers, any checks that are used to access your account, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, money orders, overdraft advances, interest charges, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind including fees for products that protect or insure the balance of your account. We have the right to determine which purchases qualify for this offer. We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time. To qualify for the Elite nights, your account must be open and not in default at the time of processing and fulfillment. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services

Having said that, I have $15K in purchases this calendar year and 7 Elite night credits (I haven't reached my anniversary yet), so I don't know.  Then, there's that 6-8 week delay...

Not much help, sorry.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I agree, it is a challenging issue. I have tracked my statement purchases to reconcile with the nights credited. I have found that they seem to credit the nights earned approximately 2-3 days after the PAYMENT cycle is complete. So far, so good, but it is a challenge. One would think it to be an easy program to write that would display purchases and nights credited YTD. It certainly would erase the confusion.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...