8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2012 2:34 AM by GemPrincess RSS

Platinum Premier Scorecard

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Upon receiving my black Platinum Premier Elite card, I was delighted with one of the unpublished benefits included with the card - a 20% food and beverage discount at participating full service Marriott, JW, and Renaissance properties.  W/o exception, one lifelong friend has used this benefit to host one memorable dinner after another for MVC owners and their families at the restaurants located on the Orlando World Center property adjacent to our mutual home resort(s) Marriott's Sabal, Royal & Imperial Palms.

Apparently the policy has changed.  This past weekend, I hosted a dinner at Wentworth by the Sea for family members celebrating a wedding anniversary and was advised by the Wentworth Rooms Division Manager that this Category 7 hotel did NOT honor the discount.  In writing I was advised that the Wentworth is not classified as a resort - which are clearly excluded from wording on the discount card.  Upon asking the RDM in person, he simply said, 'Policy has changed'.

Are Platinum Premier Elite members experiencing policy changes of this nature?  If it makes sense, let's keep a scorecard on the properties that do or do not honor various benefits.  I would certainly like to patronize properties that do honor a 20% food and beverage discount as members of my family look forward to celebrating anniversaries, birthdays and major holidays.  I'm certain that there are others who share this expectation.  Which Marriott properties deliver upon Elite benefits?  Which fail and why?

Until stated otherwise, Marriott's Wentworth by the Sea does not honor the 20% Food & Beverage Discount for Platinum Premier members.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New Hampshire, USA
  • Re: Platinum Premier Scorecard
    diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

I got one of those cards about a year ago, but was unaware of the 20% food and beverage discount.  Thanks for the info, TJC...too bad there is inconsistency in where the discount is accepted, since you obviously encountered exactly that.  I have never tried to use that discount, but maybe there is somewhere we can read about it. 

I am assuming that this is like different MR offers that we receive in the mail (like the two for one dining coupons), in that the reverse side of the coupon usually lists some properties that do not participate in the discount/promotion.  It would be good to know that because that might help you determine where you would stay/dine.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Sadly TJ, this is true.

As before, it depends on the server. I have had to resort to pulling out my AARP card for the same 20% discount.  To date this has worked at hotels and resorts.

Interestingly, the discount is the same that some of our friends (who are Marriott associates) get at dinners.

superchief1 Platinum

TJC,

I am curious whether these same properties do not honor the dinner for 2 or platinum 2 for 1 dinner certificates. The MWC Tuscany and Hawk's Landing no longer honor Dinner for 2, but this was due to the over abundance of certificates from timeshare tours.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Its certainly a great deal for PP's but I cannot tell you how many times I've pulled it out at various properties and had the server look at me like I just printed it in my room.  They always pull the "what is that" look but I've never been turned down for the discount.  In most cases though it takes the server showing the cards to the manager to get the discount.

On a side note, its a great perk.  My expense policy general limits me to being able enjoy an entree but not much else.  With the card, the appetizer or dessert are essentially free, so I can enjoy a much nicer dining experience :)

superchief1 Platinum

Unfortunately, this is another platinum benefit that has recently been eliminated.

dejamo Platinum

Yes,  chalk up another great way to reward the top customers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I did not even know that I had it and now it is gone! 

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I think the scorecard for benefits (as well as general service) is a great idea.

Seems like properties are able to make these decisions on their own to a certain extent.

I suspect we can influence it by focusing our business on the accomodating properties and away from those that are 'saving' money.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...