16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2011 10:02 AM by columbussig RSS

Florida Resort Please????

fbrewooo Gold
Currently Being Moderated

We have usually stayed in Destin, not this year... Oil expected to cause problems by late July.  We are looking for a great Florida Beach Resort with awesome pools, facilities, within driving distance of an airport.  Please Advise.  confused by the site when browsing for the best location and availability... .thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
FL, USA
  • Re: Florida Resort Please????
    superchief1 Platinum

I recommend the Marriott Palm Beach Resort on Singer Island, an all suite hotel. We own two timeshares on Singer Island and the beaches are great and the water very clear. The island is more secluded and peaceful than Ft. Lauderdale and other neighboring beaches. PBI is only a fifteen minute drive and fares are usually reasonable.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fbrewooo Gold

Which one, there are several marriots and a Ritz in Palm Beach, some are not on the beach.

Which do you perfer, why?

I am a newbie at the beach scene, but need this for our family to get away badly... and I thank you sincerely.....

red3352 Platinum

I would highly reccommend the Marriott Beachside Resort in Key West.  GREAT POOL, small beach on site, drivers will take you to other beaches, as well as the famous Duval St.  Excellent resturant onsite for Breakfast, lunch and dinner.  If you go I know plenty of other places to eat but Blue Heaven is a must

stevew Platinum

Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Ft. Lauderdale

It has been about 3 years since I stayed there. Great faciolity and staff.

slabruno Platinum

Check out Marco Island

kahunapremier Platinum

Marco Island is one option, the other option is the Bayfront Marriott in Panama City.

No oil balls or spill in Panama City according the hotel just 5 minutes ago.

queen1 Platinum

I was at Legend's Edge recently and The Bay Point Marriott is no more - it is now a Wyndham Hotel.  I was disappointed to learn that I could no longer use their facilities as a Marriott Timeshare owner at Ledgend's Edge as we did in the past when it was a JW except for the restaurant and I could no longer charge back to my room when using the restaurant.

queen1 Platinum

I was at Legend's Edge recently and The Bay Point Marriott is no more - it is now a Wyndham Hotel.  I was disappointed to learn that I could no longer use their facilities as a Marriott Timeshare owner at Ledgend's Edge as we did in the past when it was a JW except for the restaurant and I could no longer charge back to my room when using the restaurant.

superchief1 Platinum

Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa

This is the resort I was referring to. Ocean Pointe and Oceana Palms are Marriott timeshares located on the same beach, and I own one week at both. I have not stayed at the hotel/resort but know the location and have read excellent reviews.  

fbrewooo Gold

How do all of these compare to the Destin Beaches, pre oil days?

I have been looking at airfare and Airtran offers a 99.00 one way to these areas

Miami

Ft. Lauderdale

Jacksonville

West Palm Beach

and do any of the resorts have an outlet mall nearby, my wife must have one of these visits once a year.... gotta keep the wife happy... thanks again

superchief1 Platinum

Singer Island beaches are not as white or wide as Destin, but I think the water is clearer, and the beaches are wider than Ft. Lauderdale. They are usually not as crowded. There is extensive shopping in the area, including PGA Blvd. and the more exclusive shopping areas of West Palm Beach.

The Key West Beach Resort is also a wonderful property, however there is not a traditional swimming beach at the resort. Key West has very limited beaches. This resort is a converted timeshare, so be sure to reserve the 1 BR apratment room with full kitchen, rather than the lockoff small room. Platinum members are often upgraded, but you can't count on the upgrade during busy times. Management is great at this resort, and platinum members receive a breakfast voucher for a great buffet.  

fbrewooo Gold

wow, lots of information.

We LOVE destin, but are trying to find something that will awe us completely....

Great pools are a must, as is a nice beach close to the pool...

orlandogal Silver

Hi - When are you planning your trip for?  My husband & I are west coast (FL) bound this weekend and will be staying at the Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key.  I've heard it's beautiful and that there are great restaurants in the area.

I'll keep you posted. If that doesnt work for families though (I too have little ones) I do have the perfect spot, on the beach, full service, reasonably priced. Only caviat is it's not Marriott so i'm not sure if i can say it here! ... But it sounds just like what you are looking for. Check out www.hammockbeach.com

fbrewooo Gold

We will be going the last of July= 6th of August....

We really want a place with onsite beach, and awesome pools, rooms etc... thanks

bballgal Platinum

MVC Crystal Shores on Marco Island near Naples is great.  Beach is right there.  Have two pools, one with a slide for the kids.  We did spring break there and had a wonderful time.

columbussig Platinum

Without question check out the Marco Island Marriott.  

It has great pools, great location, good staff, plenty to do around the area.   Some great little places to eat!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...