2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2015 4:02 AM by ramoneur RSS

Which Courtyard in Shanghai?

boulevardmarti Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We're going to stay five nights at one of the Courtyards in Shanghai.  I've read many reviews on Tripadvisor.com and they both look very appealing. We're going primarily to see the World Expo. Can anyone comment on the Courtyard Pudong or the Courtyard Xujiahui?  The Pudong property looks closer to Expo but apparently it is in an area that has little to offer in terms of dining or shopping.  Don't mind using the excellent metro system that has recently been completed.  Any recommendations?

• Re: Which Courtyard in Shanghai?

The Courtyard in Pudong is closer to the airport and not actually "in" the Pudong section of Shanghai.   Anywhere you go from that property would be by taxi which isn't a big deal.  Pudong is the most modern part of the city and has many good restaurants and activities in the area.  It is also where the Pearl TV Tower is which you can, and should, go up in to see the city from the sky.   They have a revolving restaurant in the TV Tower also and the food is good/average.    The Courtyard XuJiaHui is very close to the expo and a nice hotel.   I stay at the JW Marriott at Tomorrow Square when I'm in Shanghai which is simply beautiful and in the middle of everything.   Their lobby is on the 23rd or so floor.   I actually own a home in China and am married to a Chinese woman so I know the cities fairly well.   We live in WuHan and not in Shanghai but have been there many, many times.   I would stay at the Courtyard PuDong the night before you leave to come home.  I know they run specials once in awhile where if you stay there you get a free pass to ride the high speed train to the airport.  Hope this helps.  Oh, almost forgot, it was about a 20 minute walk from the Courtyard PuDong to the subway.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Which Courtyard in Shanghai?
    ramoneur Platinum

I have been to both;

it's the classical location/location/location-problem

Puxi has better rooms, ambience and even a better price, the big problem is location: nothing to do in immediate surroundings

Pudong has ok rooms, price still ok, but more expensive than Puxi, there is lots to do in the immediate surroundings, but, since it is the most expensive part of Shanghai, everything is more expensive

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...