6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2010 7:28 PM by mgoes2 RSS

Marriott's New Autograph Collection

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone stayed at any of the new Autograph Collection properties?  Last Weekend i stayed at the Henry in Deerborn, MI (named for Henry Ford, not surprisingly).  It was very nice.  I am familiar with a couple of the others in this collection (the ones in FL), and they seem to be previously existing, up-scale properties that have been "rebranded."  The idea is that these properties will maintain an "indepentent identity," I think, but stil be under the Marriott umbrella (we earn points and nights).  The Henry was very nice, and the food and service were very good.  I was wondering if anyone else had stayed at any of these hotels and how they found the experience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
MI, USA
  • Re: Marriott's New Autograph Collection
    tjcnewyork Platinum

http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/a/avlak/avlake01.jpg http://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/m/mcocb/mcocbe01.jpg

Left: Grand Bohemian, Asheville, NC  Right: Bohemian Hotel Celebration, FL

Greetings Diogenes

Thanks for posting about the Henry.  FWIW, I've enjoyed memorable dinners with friends and family at the two properties shown above just months before rebranding under the Autograph Collection.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

robbot Platinum

TJCNewYork- I am considering the Bohemian in October but have not stayed in an Autograph Collection hotel before.  How do they compare to full service Marriott's or JW's?  Do they have Concierge Lounge's?  I will be travelling w/ my wife and while we don't eat a large breakfast, the CL's are great to get us thru until lunch.

Thanks for good info, TJC and RobboT.  I think it'll be interesting to explore this new group of Marriott properties.  Those of us who have stayed at many Marriotts over the course of many years appreciate the consistency of such things as cleanliness and service.  However, over the course of these same years, we can become a bit bored with the consistency of the decor and atmosphere.  It is for this reason that I often prefer the JW's or the Renaissance properties over the standard Marriotts: they are a bit more unique in their look, but with the same good service the same cleanliness standards.  I think this new "brand" will take that uniqueness a bit further, so I'm looking forward to trying more of them.

RobboT, my guess is that, since these are already existing hotels, whether or not they have a concierge lounge will vary from property to property.  At the Henry where I stayed, there was a lounge, but, not surprisingly, I ran into the old difficulty: it was closed on the weekend.

I am also hoping that some of the logistical items get sorted out with this new brand.  I am used to getting an electronic statement of my bill via email after I have checked out.  I did not receive this after my recent stay at the Autograph property, nor were my nights or points posted.  I really HATE using that "Missing Stay Request" and I'm going to call the hotel's accounting dept directly and ask them to check into it for me.  I used this strategy once before and thus was able to circumvent the Missing Stay Request rigamorale (is that a word?).

vpplayer Platinum

diogenes72 -- Glad to see this post, as I was looking today for opportunities to stay at Edition or Autograph Collection.  The first Edition opens in October in Waikiki so that's out.

My wife and I are taking Labor Day weekend to stay at the Henry in Dearborn -- it appears to be a former Ritz-Carlton -- and I have business in Atlanta later in the month so will try to get into the Glenn.  Anyone else familiar with these?

When you come back from the Glenn, VPPlayer, give us a report, will you please?  It looks like a very nice property, and I chose it over the Marriott Marquis and the Renaissance for a trip to Atlanda after the first of the year.  I'd be very interested to hear what you think about the property.

mgoes2 Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

I'm trying to decide now whether to stay at the Henry or the Dearborn Inn rather than the Marriott Livonia where I'm currently booked for this October.

Any advice?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...