5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2011 1:41 PM by golfingmaniac RSS

Chicago Marriott/ Michigan Ave. "The Place"!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This is where you get real "Platinum" treatment!

An upgrade to the 43rd floor overlooking Lake Michigan was the best hotel experience I have had in decades of coming to the "Windy City"!

With Water Tower Place nearby, The Chicago River, and my favorite Chicago place to dine, Les Nomades, you can walk to it all!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chicago, Illinois, USA
  • Re: Chicago Marriott/ Michigan Ave. "The Place"!
    xtensivetrvlr Platinum 60 Reviews

I received the exact same treatment...they put me in a room that you could access from two different floors.  The room was amazing:  Full family room, automatic curtins, complete dining room, grand staircase and bedroom on the second floor...

Just wish I wasn't staying there alone and it was a vacation versus business travel!  LOL

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

x,

Yes, we had a similar room that was a great "Escape" at the end of the day.  They upgraded us to a 1 and 1/2 bath with 2 tv's that would have been great for a family.

Can't wait to get back!

spurfan Platinum

The Chicago Marriott on Michigan Avenue has always been one of my favorites.  Had some nice upgrades myself.  I don't think it still there, but there used to be an awesome JW's Steakhouse on about the third floor.  Great steaks!

Spurfan,

The steakhouse is gone!

A short walk to Smith and Wollensky's on the Chicago River.  Wow, what a great steak!

This place is dated but still a fantastic location for shopping and dining!

golfingmaniac Silver 60 Reviews

We were there in August.  Wow! what a place to be... The Chicago river and the Archetectual tour.. Cubs.... Rush Street Dinning... And Michigan Ave. Shopping, it's like the whole place is a Mall.  Just a lot of fun!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...