4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2013 7:27 PM by elgrande RSS

"New"  Courtyard design--Not Good!.

travelor8 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We just stayed in one of the "new" courtyards...The one in Wilmington NC.   It is a real step backwards!  They are removing  the wonderful buffet option and putting in a terrible "bistro" option.  It is slow, and missing lots of great options that are on the buffet, etc.  Why now leave somthing that is working great alone!  Also, while they make this change, many of the Courtyards will be a construction mess, we were told!.  FYI What do you think???

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: "New"  Courtyard design--Not Good!.
    ricoviaje Platinum

For the most part, I agree. I weighed in on the "Bistro re-imagined" Courtyard a while back. I thought the microwaved food items were overpriced and the service was slow. I spend less money now and end up looking for outside options or look to other Marriott properties.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

stevep Platinum

I agree.  Had been a frequent guest at Courtyard in Whippany NJ.   Construction over the summer was a nightmare.

Even after the renovation,  elevators broke, fitness machines did not work, bistro had long lines and ran out of items,  hotel was dirty, couldn't find luggage carts, etc. 

Marriott has missed the mark here.   

Bring back the buffet breakfest and do more to fix up a property then putting "lipstick on a pig".   Focus on structural improvements vs simply cosmetics!

lv467 Platinum 3 Reviews

I agree with the Bistro comments. I stayed at a Courtyard a while ago that had been re-fitted with this system. It took me a while to just figure out what to do, since the only 2 staffers were too busy making food to answer questions. Service times were very slow.......a step back, indeed. I usually try to avoid Courtyard's anyway just because I have to pay for breakfast.......you'd think they would offer a pass or coupon for Platinum members, similar to what another chain does with it's Gold & Diamond members.

elgrande Platinum 3 Reviews

I would have to agree that the new style is not a step in the right direction.  I think it does make things better at night when there usually was no option, now you can at least have a drink or a glass of wine and dinner if needed, but the new breakfast is terrible.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...