9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2013 2:57 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Marriott Stamford Connecticut

nadine Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This hotel does not provide a complimentary breakfast for platinum guests when the Executive Lounge is closed.  They also do not bother to read a guests profile to provide any extras requsted.  I had to call for extra towels as listed on my profile and they brought one towel, no washcloths or hand towels.  Their was no robe in the room.  The person that brought the towel and robe had an angry look on his face.  Guess that he expected a tip for something that should have been in the room when I arrived.  The refrigerator did not work properly.  The temperature was displayed on the outside of the door and it was between 47 and 56 the entire night.  The room did not have a bathtub, only one of the showers that leaks all over the floor.

I also had to call of an internet code.  This should have been disclosed at check in.  I thought that I was checking into a luxurious hotel since it is blled as the "Marriott Hotel and Spa".  Do not be fooled.  The room was small even compared to rooms I have stayed in at the Marriott Marquis right on Times Square in the City.

I am sure that I could have made a better choice.  Maybe even a Hilton Hampton Inn would have been a better experience.  I am writing this to help you make a better choice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Stamford, Connecticut, USA
  • Re: Marriott Stamford Connecticut
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hi Nadine!  thanks for your post.  I have reason to stay in Stamford quite often and agree totally with yoiur assessment of the Marriott Hotel and spa in Stamford.  Like anywhere else, I can point out very positive experiences I have had with specific individuals at the property, but would give the overall exerience there a D.  If your travels take you back to Stamford in the future, try the Hilton just down the road or the Hyatt in Greenwich.  Both are much cheaper and either would likey net you a better experience. 

shoeman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

baysidedmd Platinum 6 Reviews

Update to what is going on in Stamford--now there is even more construction activity and no where to park your car upon check in.  No one cares either!  Person at desk had nothing but rushed greetings and was quick to point out that there were no rooms for upgrade.  Also quickly filled me in on the fact that they do not give breakfast vouchers when concierge lounge is closed. Location across from mall is great but hotel itself is really lacking!! Really a shame!

baysidemd

correct on all points!  I stay there for the points, but the Hilton at exit 6 is much nicer, cheaper too.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Nadine,

Thanks for the reminder, stayed here in the 70's and the place was "Worn out" then.  Had a meeting in Greenwich (Chesebough-Ponds), and this hotel got the meeting off to a bad start.

proelite Platinum 1 Reviews

Nadine, I appreciate your warning. It does not sound like the kind of hotel I want to stay at but I hope that it has improved since you stayed there?

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Stamford Connecticut more recently ? it is a convenient location for me but there is no benefit to staying there over the weekend if there are no Planinum benefits since the lounge is not open weekends. On Friday am it is  closed and  hotel does not provide a complimentary breakfast for platinum guests when the Executive Lounge is closed, so I will stay at the Hyatt if I dont hear from anyone more recent.

Hi proelite

I am sitting in my room at the Stamford Marriott as we speak.  Afew updates since my last comment on this hotel dated  11/05/2011.

1.  Most removations (maybe all) have been completed.  Rooms are updated, Lobby is brand new, restaurant is brand new, parking garage is the same, but feels safer.

2.  Front desk informs me that they do give breakfast coupons for those that stay over the weekend when the CL is closed.  They have no plans on changing that, but anyone planning on staying here over a weekend should reconfirm their breakfast intententions before booking.

3.  On a lighter note, If you find yourself here on a weeknight, let me know and I will shout out if I am in the building.  By the way, the CL is very nice at breakfast and dinner. 

4.  Most importantly, the front desk folks are very nice and helpful.

Shoeman

proelite Platinum 1 Reviews

I did stay at the Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa and arrived at 5 p.m. but had to wait 3 hours for my room plus other problems.... The girl at check out said that she would give me 5000 points as a gift for the problems but I did not get any points.  Parking is $15 even though they said that it was free weekends and the Garage is ok if you have a small car.My stay was nice at. the Marriott at  243 Tresser BoulevardStamford, Connecticut  for one night. I wished that I had seen your reply sooner and given you a shout out, It would have been nice to mee a real live insider. shoeman1000 I hope to meet you next time. I'm glad that the front desk folks are helpful to you. I did not have much luck with them, but the club lounge is really nice.

Hey pro elite!  As happens, I was unexpectedly in Dallas that evening anyway.  Give me a shout out next time and maybe it will work out.

shoeman

hm212 Gold 1 Reviews

I Am staying at Stamford Marriott at the end of the month.  I will let you know what I think.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...