1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 20, 2010 11:33 AM by nuhusker RSS

Saturday was a sun day

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The sun came out and it became 61 degrees here--warm by coastal standards.  Huge throngs descended on the normally sleepy unincorporated location, Pebble Beach.  I was inundated with folks wanting a ride.

A story to warm your heart:

A woman gets in my vehicle and says, "That buffet was such a bargain!"

I reply, "Was that the one at the Beach Club?"

She says, "Yes, the buffet was so reasonable ($195 per person--one that the Donner Party might pass up) that I bought ten of them.  You know that's less than the price of a first class ticket on an airline these days?"

Tempted to say that my Gulfstream G-VII is being refurbed to remove two seats and make it better for the long hauls overseas, I merely nodded.

I could have mentioned my life Platinum or Premier status but refrained for another day.

As I said previously, the rich are different.

Most are amazed that I live here and have been here longer than them. Many are "entitled," at least in their own mind.  When I ask if they know person X, a famous denizen of these parts, they demur, frankly awed by my connections (or maybe they can care less).  Tomorrow is watch golf day then drive.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Pebble Beach, California, USA
  • Re: Saturday was a sun day
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Good story, SteppingStones.  My heart is indeed warmed.  Now, let's play some golf!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...