This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2010 11:44 AM by nuhusker RSS

Insiders Report - No New Development Predicted

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

According to my calculations, the number of postings to MRI is only down a little over 3% since LiveWorld was instituted as the MRI host. Therefore, I PREDICT little in the way of future enhancements or other development efforts any time, soon. This may be why Andrew has not given any updates lately and appears to be avoiding other posts where MRI members have tried to reach out.

*Methodology - I did an advanced search using the term "Marriott" (search forces the use of at least one term) using the default "sorted by newest." Of the 3283 postings returned 369 were since 04/01 representing 78 days since LiveWorld became host. Going back another 78 days (Jan 12) there were 381 posts. Calulating % change (381-369)/381 = 3.15%

If the number of postings is relatively unchanged (despite more MRI members), I suspect Marriott is "happy" with the results and will spend little extra effort or resources on bringing MRI back to its "glory days."

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Insiders Report - No New Development Predicted
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Wasn't liveworld the host before the change as well?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Pingreeman  -  I don't believe I can agree with you on this one!  Your reasoning is like a political candidate looking at an election he just lost terribly and saying " well, at least the same number of people voted". Negative posts are not a good thing and cannot be viewed as "well, posts haven't dropped at all"......  just my read on this.

Pingreeman  -  agreed.  I don't  know about you, or anyone else for that matter, but for me, the biggest drag with the new layout of the site is that I know I miss many, many subjects I would love to participate in because I never find them.  sucks. 

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Yep, totally agree that I don't like the new site.

I have no idea when someone posts a reply to an existing topic because it doesn't come 'to the top'.  Really poor design.

Using this site less and less... Andrew, where the heck are you???

NewHilton  -  perfectly stated!  I too, have cut back a lot.  what a shame.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

On 31 May, I asked Andrew about sorting the messages with most recent replies first, and on 3 Jun this was his reply:

NUHUSKER,

Thanks for checking in.  Essentially, as we have informed the community, our number one priority right now is to help Insiders follow their conversations. It has been a major goal, as far back as last November, to make sure replies were set to be sorted by most recent first, both in forums and member profiles. We have pointed out the most recent forum discussing this, as well as the plans we had sent to our vendor months ago.

At this moment, both our vendor and QA team are working diligently to find out how and when this change will be completely implemented.

I hope this helps, and, as always, thanks for reaching out to us - I'm happy to provide any clarity to help ease your Insiders experience.

Regards,

Andrew

Doesn't look like much progress has been made!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...