5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2011 10:14 AM by iestrikesback RSS

hotel certificate expiring

lovesmr Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I used 235,000 points last year to purchase air + hotel package,  The miles are now in my British Airways account, but the 5-nt hotel cert is expiring 09/30/10.  Does anyone know if there is a way to extend the expiration date of the certificate?  I planned to use the hotel cert for Rome last year, didn't happen, and now because of a new job I can't travel or go on vacation.  I am told  I cannot break the 5-nt cert into 2 & 3 nts each, otherwise I'm just gonna use it for weekend getaways (although it would feel like a waste since I'd rather use the cert for somewhere exotic rather than getaways in Southern California).

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: hotel certificate expiring
    tcandy Platinum

sell them

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lesliepamel Platinum

I always found that Marriott Rewards office would be happy to renew the certificate on one occasion only for another 12 months. I hope that they will do it for you, but I do find that Marriott is now a terribly customer unfriendly organisation. Good luck!

lovesmr Platinum

Thanks.  I'll try calling them again.  If they would extend the cert for 1 more year I'll be happy.......

kmsiva Member

Did you happen to extend your certificate?

I have the same exact certificate. let me know if it was successful

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

I called MR Customer Service recently, and they extended one of my free night certificates for an additional 6 months when I told them I wouldnt be able to use it by the deadline.  Let us know how it turns out. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...