3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2010 12:34 PM by nuhusker RSS

Pebble Beach 101

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Here is a flash based interactive tour of the Pebble Beach Golf Links, a public course, that will also host the US Open in 2019, it's 100th anniversary.

It was chilly and windy for those who saw it on TV, but the crowds were immense.  Nearly 40,000 all told with media and others.

This afternoon a gentleman driving a new $143,000 Porsche 911 Cabriolet convertible offered me $100 in cash to take him less than 2 blocks from his palatial home to the Lodge at Pebble Beach. I did not take him up on his generous offer but offered to do it for free, assuming Club management did not mind--which they did not. He asked someone else who gladly accepted the cash.

The rich are definitely different!

• Re: Pebble Beach 101
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

SteppingStones - thanks for the video tour.  What an amazing golf course!  I've visited the Montery/Carmel area and it's beautiful.  Too bad you couldn't have taken the $100 and bought some refreshments for some of your fellow volunteers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Guess I am just too old-fashioned and some might say (my wife) honest to take a tip that large for such a minor thing that I would do anyway.  Plus PBCs policy during the open is that all tips are politely refused.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

More nice photos, and BTW, I agree.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...