2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2010 7:57 PM by vpplayer RSS

lardog32

lardog32 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone had an unpleasant experience with the vacation club people????  I was told I could book a 3 night package with NO blackout days. After all family members  ( 6 ) confirmed days off work, I called to reserve days. I was told there was no availability. Talked to a superviser and was told same thing. Now I am scrambling to find alternative places and hotels...no they won't be Marriott. I am a long time rewards person, used to be a very loyal marriott guy, but now I am extremely upset. Anyone else have similar story????  PLEASE RESPOND !!!!!!  Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
  • Re: lardog32
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I have not experienced that, but have found that getting rates that I can afford at MVCIs is a hassle. May I ask which property was involved?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: lardog32
    vpplayer Platinum

My experience is similar to Stepping Stones'.  The whole "No Blackout" guarantee is predicated on rooms being available, which is rare at several or most MVCI properties.  I have found that since the policy of "No blackout" for reward stays has been in effect, there are indeed more options than before, but MVCI opportunities are still scarce.

Why would you not consider other Marriott properties?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...