0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2012 9:42 PM by anadyr RSS

Practice Rounds Tuesday

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Some additional sun today and the crowds grew exponentially at the US Open at Pebble Beach.  Arnold Palmer's talk about his father the other night is drawing rave reviews from everyone, even the waitstaff at the Beach Club.

I personally did not see Tiger Woods, but several guests and employees did. He was always surrounded by a phalanx of security personnel, armed and mean looking. Even at the Fitness Center here at the Beach Club there was a bodyguard to ensure his privacy and safety.

More adult beverages being consumed, some interesting hi-jinks on and off the course, no arrests and no DUIs (yet).

Weather forecast is for sunny and warmer (a relative term around here) for the remainder of play, but given the ocean you can never tell.

Just for fun I checked to see what the availability of hotel rooms was for the Monterey Marriott this weekend (sold out), but the 17 mile distant Marriott properties in Salinas, an RI and Courtyard have rooms and the temerity to try to get 469 a night for them! Greed lives, sadly and they are not alone in this price-gouging endeavor I hear.

One more day of practice then it's on ESPN part-time and NBC for the final rounds.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
CA, USA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...