5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2010 6:53 PM by profchiara RSS

ireland photos part two

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

Here are the Cliffs of Moher.  Any of you who are planning a trip to Ireland and don't want to drive, I strongly recommend two tour companies -- DublinTours (not to be confused with Dublin Bus Tours), which took me to the west country, the Burren, and the Cliffs of Moher and DayTours Unplugged, who took me to Wicklow and Glendalough abbey (they have two other specialty tours as well.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: ireland photos part two
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Fabulous and thanks for sharing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Prof.

Never been to Ireland, but this really looks great!

Also glad you shared these with us.  Keep them coming!

klaus29 Silver

prof.chiara

thanks  for the  nice pictures

monaco its  finisch  now, you go to istanbul

2 different  worlds.

i wisch you between europe and asia

the best holday  possible

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Gorgeous photos, Professor!  It makes me want to go back!

So glad to see that you got to St. Kevin's!

Is that O'Brien's tower at the Cliffs of Moher?  Glad that you got to the west coast to see them... that must have been one very long day!

Looking forward to more photos! 

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi all,

Glad you liked the photos!  It was a long tour to the West (starting at 7am from Suffolk Street tourist office and getting back at 9pm).  But it was worth every minute.  That one was DublinTours, and we had a phenomenal driver who not only knew all the stories, history and legends, but stopped frequently for us to take pictures and gave us plenty of free time at the different stops that included Ballyalban Fairy Forest, the Burren, the Cliffs, (yes that was O'Brien's Tower), lots of small towns in between where we could rest, use the facilities, or have a pint) Galway, where there was an hour before return and a stop at Kilfenora.  It was glorious weather, and worth every moment of the tour.

The other tour company conducts three tours and I knew beforehand had been recommended by Rick Steves.  I went on the Glendalough/Wicklow mountains one which also stops at Sally Gap, Glenmacnass waterfall and some other stops.  Again, lots of free time, choices of what to do -- highly recommended.  I was planning to go on another of their tours but crashed and burned the next day...  Next time!

One other thing that surprised me.  On the Wicklow tour we stopped to pick up two women at Dun Laoghaire, a ferry stop.  How surprised I was to see palm trees!  The driver explained that because of the gulfstream that Ireland is very temperate.  But still, palm trees???  However, they looked quite healthy.

Cheers,

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...