8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2010 12:49 AM by anadyr RSS

Restaurant Week in the California Desert

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We're enjoying a thing called Restaurant Week in the Palm Springs CA area.  The list of restaurants offering either a 24 or 36 dollar per person three course meal is immense and the variety also amazing.

Thus far we've eaten very well, and at the same time saved (I think) tons of cash!  Well, not really, but there is something to be said for spending 72 dollars for two meals rather than $200! Using the Marriott Rewards Chase Card has helped build my points balance as well.

Highly recommended are:  Cork Tree (Palm Desert), Le St.Germain (Indian Wells), Conley's (Palm Springs), Shame on the Moon, (Rancho Mirage), and Pacifica, (Palm Desert).

The diet starts tomorrow!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Palm Springs, California, USA
Afghanistan
  • Re: Restaurant Week in the Desert
    countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

Stepping Stones ---

Was in PS last week on business (sorry not vacation) so saw the Restaurant Week promotions but had to move on to AZ this week.

Wonder if La Casita (corner Indian Canyon and Tacquiz Canyon) is participating?   Hands down, that's the finest Mexican food I can remember.  If you're still in town, give it a whirl --- right down the street from the PS RENN.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Not on the list unfortunately but the list grows larger every year--so maybe next time?

How was the new (old conversion) Renaissance?  Suites we checked out seemed a tad small but well appointed and the pool was yummy looking.

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

The RENN throughout is an incredible improvement over the old Wyndam - lots of new stuff including spectacular lobby, well-done pool makeover, and totally re-done rooms (including all new plumbing, mechanicals and electricals).   Could just as well be a newly constructed property.

I have stayed there on business three times since the Spring opening - nothing but Kudos for well-trained and upbeat staff.  Last week, I stumbled into the GM and told him so. 

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Stepping Stones -- I saw the title of this thread, and thought we were actually doing something special for our troops in the desert.

I will change the title, thanks.

This particular desert is a lot more hospitable than the desert to which you refer.

Which reminds me: Have you heard of or contributed to Operation Yellow Ribbon? I have, about 100 pounds worth of stuff to date.Almost all Marriott stuff.

Also, my wife and I contributed 45 pairs of new and used shoes to a friend who is a medical officer stationed at Bagram AFB in Afghanistan. He wrote a compelling letter to me and others about the need to have any good shoes fror the mostly shoeless Afghan population.  So far he's gotten nearly 1,000 pairs of shoes for this worthy cause.

Thanks for the reminder of those brave men and women who serve us all!

• Re: Restaurant Week in the California Desert

Thanks Countryjim -- we liked the new look and 34M dollar renovation a lot!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Stepping Stones, I have heard of Operation Yellow Ribbon.  And speaking of shoes, my wife and I helped pack nearly 1000 pairs at our church a couple of weeks ago.  Many worthwhile programs benefiting needy children in the AO.

Bless you NUHusker and your wife too--that's a great number of shoes to send--and thanks.

Operation Yellow Ribbon is on the net and sends care packages to military personnel overseas.  We send ours through the local LDS Church ( to which we do not belong but have many friends who do)/

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...