3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 9, 2012 9:30 PM by lone6star RSS

Next Big Trend: CLEAN THE WORLD

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/hotel-checkin/2010/05/17/Soapx-inset-community.jpg

Above: A bar of used hotel soap, USAToday *

What do the Ritz-Carlton, Marriott Vacation Club, Courtyard and 175 hotel properties among the best-known brands have in common?   They are participating in a ground-swell of a movement to Clean the World.  I came across this heart-warming story on Twitter of all places and followed the links to the very popular, Barbara DeLollis who pens the USAToday column, Hotel Check-In* and the National Geographic Traveller**.

The Orlando Marriott World Center and the Marriott Vacation Clubs at Sabal, Royal and Imperial Palms are among the participating hotels.***  Kudos to Marriott in Florida for doing the right thing.  For a list of participating brands, see Clean the World. ****

What do you think?  Is Marriott doing the right thing?

Below:  Buckets of used soap and toiletries ready for shipment, USA Today *

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/hotel-checkin/2010/05/20/Clean3x-wide-community.jpg

* Why an Embassy Suites, Ritz-Carlton and a Quality Inn hotel save your left-over soap, Hotel Check-In USAToday

** National Geographic Traveler

*** Clean the World Foundation and Florida Hoteliers,  Hotel Online

**** Clean the World, Participating Hotels

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
FL, USA
  • Re: Next Big Trend: CLEAN THE WORLD
    lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Yes, I believe so!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

That's a great spot, tjcnewyork!  It looks like an excellent initiative ... I'd always wondered what they did with all of those 'once used' bars of soap and shampoos.  Let's hope that Marriott are able to do this on a global basis.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

There should be npo reason why they can't!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...