5 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2010 6:45 PM by 77paris RSS

Really Loud A/C Units and Fans

missecho Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Don't get me wrong-I love Marriott and get the chance to stay often.

One question: did Marriott purchase all their in-room A/C units from the same place? All across the country, they are the loudest I've encountered in any hotel. Most nights I turn them off, just so I can sleep. Ditto the light/fan combos in the Residence Inn bathrooms--where did they get those? They are really sub-standard.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Really Loud A/C Units and Fans
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I completely agree! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Totally agree. I am also not happy with the small amount that most of the room windows open--normally less than two inches.  The noise from outside is often preferable to that coming from the units in the rooms.

Anyone put s decibel meter on  them? Might be interesting to see how loud they really are.

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

And the AC never seems to reach the bathroom!

roadwarrior59 Platinum 3 Reviews

Courtyards are particualarly bad.  I also agree it would be nice to be able to open the window more than a crack.

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

I'm @ a fairly new Courtyard right now...the lobby was somewhat crowded so I attempted to complete a conference call in my room.  The A/C was so loud I finally had to just turn it off for the hour I was on the phone - too bad you have to trade off being comfortable for being able to hear a phone conversation!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...