This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2010 9:42 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Insiders-When Will Search Be Fixed?

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/SearchinOurShoes.jpg

See the recent post:  Re: Updates and Progress

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Insiders-When Will Search Be Fixed?
    pltnmprincess Platinum

And when will the post sorting be fixed?  When I go into my account to view all my posts, they come up in a random order that isnt by date or alphabetical.  It would be nice if the list were sorted by date (most recent first) like it used to be.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

"It would be nice if the list were sorted by date (most recent first) like it used to be."

Agreed, Platinum Princess.  A sort order with the most recent first - as a default - is not only user-friendly, it's consistent with the forum T&C's specifically be relevant and respectful.

Seeing the most recent messages first particularly in an active discussion increases the relevance because Insiders following a topic automatically see the newest contributions upfront.  With the most recent posts immediately visible, there's a higher likelihood of sparking a reaction to compel more frequent participation.

With the newest content visible first, it's more engaging and respectful of our time.  Rather than spending time scrolling through dated content repeatedly, that precious time could be better spent authoring a meaningful reply.  Seeing the old stuff first feels like walking into a hotel room that's not fresh.  The thought is offensive and revolting.

Fresh content and mutual respect for the time spent participating in the life of this online travel community will restore the engaging user experience and hopefully, the thriving community we enjoyed prior to 4.1.10

We're turning the corner on 60 days.  The lack of responsiveness is not only disappointing its discouraging.    I rarely look forward to visiting the forum now and wonder what unpleasant surprises lie ahead.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

"It would be nice if the list were sorted by date (most recent first) like it used to be."

I'm glad you brought this up again.  I'm emailing Andrew today about it and ask him to give another update.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Thanks NuHusker

tjcnewyork Platinum

" When I go into my account to view all my posts, they come up in a random order that isnt by date. "

I just noticed in another Insiders profile (Pingreeman) that 'View All My Posts' appear to display in a random order as you point out, however, upon closer scrutiny, the author edited earlier posts so that 'View All My Posts' listing is re-ordered based upon most recent date posted/edited versus initial posting date order.

To ensure that Marriott's vendor understands what we perceive to be the most user-friendly order, it might be worth discussing openly so others can have input?

Personally, I prefer that 'View All My Posts' be listed in the order of the original date/timestamp.  In other words, the original date/timestamp supercedes the date/timestamp of any subsequent edits.

Anyone agree/disagree?

klaus29 Silver

you know marriott  is userfriendly

whe wait  already more at 2 months  now for get a correct site

when mr andrew give you the information  the

site  work  very  good   , in 1 week;  ou  2 months,

ou more time   that will be the same.

i know already  what  insiders will  say  thank you mr  andrew

tjcnewyork Platinum

"user friendly"

Try doing a search or an advanced search.  While you're at it, place the search terms in double quotation marks, for example:

"Cape May"

For whatever reason, Insiders search is compelled to parse that to:  "cape may"  Is that user-friendly?  Not!

Search has been like that for 2 months plus, now.

klaus29 Silver

tjc new york

userfriendly  is a joke  i think you anderstand

tjcnewyork Platinum

got it

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...