Bistro BAD !!

brucel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Not a good idea at all!!

Wait in line to order!

No self serve coffee!

What if I want other fruit than banana with cereal

Choices and options not clear at all

Has the feel of SCRIMPING on breakfast !!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Bistro BAD !!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Are you speaking about the New Courtyard?  It seems to be a diminishing of the service and the quality that we formerly had there!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Bistro BAD!!/I agree
    ricoviaje Platinum

I stayed at the San Jose Courtyard, new "imagined" property yet the Bistro was a total bad deal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner/cocktails. Overpriced microwaved stuff with a wait to boot! The Courtyards in which I have stayed have forced me to leave the property to eat elsewhere.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"No self serve coffee!"

Bistro is a 'feature' of the new Courtyard lobby concept.*  There are about 100 or more of these new lobbies.  The changes including the removal of self-serve coffee, highlights the extent to which every inch of space of the lobby is being turned into a 24/7 profit center.

* Courtyard Celebrates 100 New Lobbies!

tjcnewyork Platinum

"The Courtyards in which I have stayed have forced me to leave the property to eat elsewhere."

With one exception, I agree. But, the Captain's Table* at the Courtyard Ocean City Boardwalk is a must try.

* Ocean City's Hidden Gem-Captain's Table

stevew Platinum

I agree except for the self service coffee. I have been in several remodeled Courtyards and they all had self service coffee. Breakfast was much better as a buffet.

bzenker Platinum

Self Serve Coffee is going away in all Courtyards in 2013 - The Courtyard in Memphis has already removed coffee and they told me all Courtyards are removing the self server coffee in the lobby (they told be I could make my own in the room)

travelor8 Platinum

I can't agree more!  We just stayed in one of the "new" courtyards What a step backwards!  They are removing  the wonderful buffet option and putting in the terrible "Bistro" option.  It is slow, and missing lots of great options that are on the buffet, etc.  Why not leave somthing that is working great alone!  Also, while they make this change, many of the Courtyards will be a construction mess, we were told!.  This conversion could take a year, so check the statis before booking.  Marriott will loose customers, including us, to outside eateries with this change.  Too bad.  We are Platinum Members too!

mattkronisch Gold

I'll add my vote here as well. I don't like the new Bistro at Courtyard.  The buffet offered more options, allowed me to take only what I wanted and not throw away the pre-plated food sides that I did not want.  Also, frankly, before having my coffee and waking up, I really don't want to have to interact with servers.  My entire family voted and we all much prefer the buffet.  We hope it won't be too long before Courtyard deems this change a fail and brings back the buffet.

va1379 Platinum

I have diamond status with Hyatt along with my platinum premier status with Marriott, and I will not stay at a Courtyard unless their is an unusually good promo rate.  I cannot stand the bistro concept for breakfast, and I find the Hyatt Place breakfast to be superior to the Bistro offerings.

bigdeal Platinum

I have stayed at more CY's than I can remember.  Common theme among Bistros: terribly long wait.  Most hotels staff with one person.  One person to take orders and prepare food.  Seriously?  For an entire hotel full of people?

Haven't run into a CY yet that doesn't offer free coffee. Marriott: if you force me to wait in your Bistro line for my first cup of morning coffee, you are  so very fired.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...