2 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2010 7:37 PM by anadyr RSS

Black Phones

stevendcollins Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I can't express how unhappy I am with the new black telephones.  You can't cradle them, there's no speakerphone, no 2nd line, keys are flat.

Clearly someone that doesn't travel or use a Marriott room selected them.

Someone should be fired for selecting them.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Black Phones
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Steven

Doen't it drive you crazy when a simple thing like this causes you distress?  You would have to believe that someone did some research before they moved forward with the new design.  Honestly, I haven't even noticed the phone, but I will make note during my next stay.  Interestingly, my gripe with the phone is that it seems to always be on the opposite side of the bed.....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Black Phones
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Bad Black phones:  you triggered my memory of the last century when the "black phone" was the one that you never used, even though it was on your desk, because it was not secure, and being behind the green door (yes, there is a color theme here) we could not even answer that phone most of the time.  At that time we had gray phones that could be used for secure communications, and used them all the time to call those with similar phones.

But I agree phones are important and speakphones and two lines what we've come to expect from Marriott.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...