3 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2010 9:15 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Promotions Central

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I have noticed on insiders that we can now check 'Global destinations' as well as other city options, although that is absolutely no solution to the disappearance and ease of the city clicks.

There's one other thing upon which I think Marriott could improve significantly - Promotions Central.

When you click the link, you're typically taken to approximately 125 postings on several pages.  I would guess that 99% of the people don't want most of the specific promotions because they're not going to that place.  The other 1% (figures arbitrary) really want to know what's available for places where they are planning trips.  Since Marriott is working on the website, why not make an advanced search section within Promotions so that you could weed out the ones that don't match your needs or hone in on the ones that do?

It would be much easier than going through however many pages only to find nothing -- or to find something where the cities you're planning to visit do not participate.

ProfChiara

  • Re: Promotions Central
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

    "I have noticed on insiders that we can now check 'Global destinations' as well as other city options, although that is absolutely no solution to the disappearance and ease of the city clicks."

     

    Hi Professor!

     

    The city clicks are there too.  The US cities are listed first.  Scroll down a bit more and select a region to view all the choices.  There are a lot of links that go to zero posts.  After stumbling upon landmines that brought my system down, I'm not planning to visit those links just yet.

    (For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

  • Re: Promotions Central
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

    Thanks, TJC -- I'll take your advice rather than chance any major crashes!

    ProfChiara

    (For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

  • Re: Promotions Central
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

    "I would rather have MRI make fixing or enhancing the forum searches a higher priority."

     

    Agreed.  Searching on "Ireland" in double quotation marks delivers results s-l-o-w-l-y and transforms the search string to "ireland"

     

    http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/Quotes.jpg

     

    After 60 days and zero updates to the community on status, the lack of concern about the user experience combined with the absence of engagement is extremely disappointing.  If Courtyard housekeeping does a poor job of scouring the tub and removing prior guest debris from the drain, it's a real turnoff.  Guests won't return.  Same thing here.  Who needs to see, "ireland"?  Bad housekeeping - if done at all.

     

    Meanwhile, the TripAdvisor experience for the same search ("Ireland") is instantaneous:  What Our Users Are Saying Results 1 - 10 of 195,690 for "ireland" Can you imagine?  195,690 results in microseconds.

    (For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...