This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

2 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2010 1:33 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Insiders website

travelcat Gold
Currently Being Moderated

What happened to the design of the Insiders page?  I am trying to search for hotel suggestions and am unable to locate the information.  The previous design was working well.  Why change?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Insiders website
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

The new Rewards page does have a link to "Find a Hotel" but the Insiders seems not to have one.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Insiders website
    tjcnewyork Platinum

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/walkinourshoes.jpg

"I am trying to search for hotel suggestions and am unable to locate the information."

With Browse by Destination and Browse by Topics That Interest You front and center, the Insiders home page ~was~ very user-friendly. Since the "enhancements" of 4.1.10, those very popular features were removed and the Forums reduced from 10 to 4.   Net net, you have to relearn how to use the site, take double the time to find information and hope that what you do find is relevant about your destination.  While many Insiders have expressed a distinct preference for the prior look, feel and functionality, there appears to be several challenges meeting Insider expectations.*

Rather than have you waste time reading what I've just written for the nth time, there's a very user-friendly search engine at TripAdvisor.com.  As many Insiders will agree, Insiders is still the BEST place to find brand specific information related to Marriott Rewards, using points, maintaining your Elite status, getting the heads up on special promotions and more about how to maximize your rewards.

So combining TripAdvisor and Insiders is the best bet until the next go around of enhancements that promises to make the experience more engaging.  In the meantime, you are welcome to post candid Feedback about your online experience. Best wishes for a rewarding experience.

* Updates and Progress

* Site Challenges

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...