2 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2012 6:35 PM by TheSaylesFamily RSS

Should I trade in Rewards point for SouthWest Airline miles

mangon Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is it worth trading in my Marriott Reward points for Southwest Frequent Flier miles?

• Re: Should I trade in Rewards point for SouthWest Airline miles
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Unless you pay for expedited service the following applies--

"Once frequent flyer miles have been requested, miles will automatically be transferred to your frequent flyer account. Please allow approximately six weeks for miles to be posted to your frequent flyer account."

You need a minimum of 16 SW credits for one free standard award flight, which will cost 70,000 points from Marriott Rewards.  Most likely you paid at least 5000 to 6000 dollars for those points, assuming you're earning a Platinum 50% bonus, plus 10 points for every Marriott dollar spent.

Most SW fares are no higher than $199 each way, so assuming you book a round trip you'll pay about $400. If you use points you'll be paying $5000 in kind.

Given the above I would save my points for use for a Marriott free stay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Should I trade in Rewards point for SouthWest Airline miles
    TheSaylesFamily Silver 8 Reviews

No no it isint do virgin america. So cheap!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...