6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2011 6:33 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Toronto hotel warning

globalman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The downtown Renassaisnce Hotel connected to the Blue Jays stadium has seen better days!  It is worn and while the staff is very nice the rooms are musty and need updating.  The conceirge lounge for breakfast is sparse and the food offerings are better at a Fairfield Inn.  Worse yet the htoel is vast and ha a feel of isolation.  Avoid this hotel if possible. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Toronto, Canada
  • Re: Toronto hotel warning
    nomadictravele Gold

Thanks.  I was thinking about if for my next trip in July about it.  Now I wont use it

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Sad to hear but thanks for the review. I will also avoid it

ezcheff Member 8 Reviews

Thanks for warning

bluedevil Silver 1 Reviews

I just stayed there at the Toronto Rennaissance the last week of April, and I would not agree with this review.  I found the hotel pleasant and very much up to standards for a Rennaissance.  The hotel staff was extremely helpful.  They upgraded me for free to a split-level suite that overlooked the outfield of the stadium.  With floor to ceiling and wall to wall glass it provided a full panoramic view of the field overlooking the centerfielder.  The center of the windows even slide completely open so I could hear the annoucer -- I literally was at the game without having to buy a ticket.  I watched back to back nights of the Blue Jays vs the Boston Red Sox without having to buy a ticket.  I was there on business and I just ordered room service when I returned the room each night and watched the games.  The room service food was really delicious, too.  Much more tasty than any of the other 5 Rennaissance hotels I've stayed at.  See my attached picture of my room service and the view of the game.  As far as the Elite lounge for breakfast, I found it quite enjoyable.  No hot food (e.g. no omletes, bacon, etc), but I'm not big on heavy breakfasts before a long day of sitting in meetings -- if I was going out on a half day hike, I would opt for meat and breakfast potatoes, though.  I found it quite good.  It had fresh squeezed OJ (not concentrate and not even pasturized -- fresh squeezed), other juices and milk, hard boiled eggs, yogurt cups, pastries, bread/toast/bagels, muffins, whole fruit (e.g. bananas, apples, etc), and fruit tray such as cut pineapple/cantalope/kiwi/grapes/strawberries, and of course cereals, coffee and tea.  They also had tvs on a low volume for getting caught up on the morning news while eating and a variety of newspapers in case you wanted to read another one besides the one that was placed outside your door.  My mobile phone ran out of battery power and unfortunately my 2 yr old daughter had pulled my charging adapter out of my work bag before I left for Toronto and I didn't notice it missing until I was already in Toronto and needing to charge my phone.  A hopeful call to the  concierge desk, and they were happily charging my phone without batting an eye.  So helpful.  One night I purchased a beer at the lobby bar and then decided I would finish it up in my room.  The bar staff informed me that city laws prevented me from taking my beer out of the bar myself, but they would happily bring it up to me.  A waiter did, and when I tried to tip him, he genuinely and solidly resisted out of regret that him bringing to me was was somewhat forced on me by the city laws.  My insistance was stronger than his genuine resistance, and I was able to provide him a tip regardless.  I definitely recommend this hotel, and I'm returning in a couple of weeks and already have it booked for that trip, and I'm looking forward to it.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

I agree with bluedevil - I've stayed at this property a couple of times and had two excellent experiences fully consistent with bluedevil's experience.  I've posted about this property elsewhere on the Insiders page....  I recommend it wholeheartedly.

For any serious baseball fan, this is a must-stay property.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

I stayed and I loved it!  What a great location!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...