4 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2010 5:59 PM by easygoing RSS

Soft goods and service

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The Las Vegas Renaissance, as I posted previously suffers from older, tired soft goods.  That being said, the real essence of a hotel is this and more--it is also dependent on the good will and service of those who work at a property.  This hotel is staffed with people who go more than the extra mile to keep guests satisfied.  I am writing the GM to express my gratitude for the service-orientation of every single associate.

Thus, rugs that need repair and tables with scratches notwithstanding this is a special place to stay, because of those who work here. Each has a story to tell, but they are most interested in service, exceptionally so, and that's what makes this stay so enjoyable.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Soft goods and service
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Well said Stepping Stones.  Too often we lose sight that the hard working employees have no say in capital expenditures.  Unfortunately, in my opinion, great service only enhances the overall experience and does not superceed poor physical presence.  Based on your photo report, I will not be going back there uintil a remodel occurs.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Thanks and I will report any updates I get from the management on when it might be refurbished.  It's a very modern "rat pack" theme as those of you who've stayed know, and that belies the conditions of the rooms, or at least this one, which is one of the most expensive (according to the door placard).

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Stepping,

So well put!

If one needs to appreciate just how good most of the Marriott employees are, just "Stay at most other hotels".  You will see the difference no later than "Check In", and usually prior to that!

Recently, I checked in to two other chain brands and both of the people checking me in looked so poorly dressed and had no idea what they were doing.  I thought they had just been hired "Off the street"!

It is a pleasure to see and experience the professionalism and consistency of Marriott properties over the years.

easygoing Platinum

I have stayed there a few times and you are right on the money regarding the employess. Gracious and friendly and yes they each have a story. By the way, the steaks in the restaurant are fantastic.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...