6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2010 2:46 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Lack of Area Posts

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I just did a rather intriguing advanced search that substantiates what we have all been discussing for some time.  Since I am planning a trip to Ireland, I put Ireland in the Search and clicked Advanced Search.  The result? 0 posts.  Admittedly, I didn't check off hotels, rewards, or the other two forums, but how can this system be at all functional if an advanced search on Ireland turns up nothing? I myself have posted recently on the subject.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Lack of Area Posts
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Strange.  But folks need to put tags on their posts to make this work, since the search engine seems to miss textual references inside posts.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Professor Chiara

Try a Search (upper right corner) with the keyword, "Ireland" with double quotation marks.  Also, try  "Dublin".  The Search will deliver several results.

I tried to replicate the Advanced Search where Country=Ireland and the search returned results too.

Perhaps saying "be nice search engine" might work?

Hi TJ,

I  think the "be nice search engine" might be the best option.  I tried Ireland (even in quotations, which I'd never heard of doing for one word) and still got nothing, but when I put Dublin in quotes I got a fair amount of posts. Go figure!

ProfChiara

tjcnewyork Platinum

Professor

For Search="Ireland", I'm getting 35 posts. Very strange!

This time it worked, and I got 35 as well.  But the two previous tries produced nothing.  Very strange -- perhaps the platform is deciding who should see what...

ProfChiara

tjcnewyork Platinum

Professor,

Or, whatever defects were underlying zero delivery at the time you tried were fixed by the time I did.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...