4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 1:23 PM by mlampkin RSS

Marriott To Expand In Brazil

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

As part of an overall restructuring, Marriott announced* Tuesday, 5.11.10 that a new development office will open in Sao Paulo, Brazil,

“We are thrilled by the opportunity to truly embed ourselves into the local Brazilian market and capitalize on future hotel development and branding opportunities,” said Tony Capuano, executive vice president of global development for Marriott International. “By opening this new office, we now have the ability to better engage and understand the local dynamics of this exciting market,” he continued."

* Marriott International Opens New Development Office in Brazil; Appoints Guilherme Cesari Vice President of Development

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Brazil
  • Re: Marriott To Expand In Brazil
    flightdelayed Platinum

This is great news, I am planning a trip to Sao Paulo end of August 2010. I have friends there but plan to stay a few nights in Sao paulo, Is there anything i should consider and any     information about the Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel would be most helpful.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Flightdelayed

Interesting, if not amusing avatar.  The earful character is vaguely familiar, what's the origin?

Hopefully an office in Brazil will have a positive impact.  So far, the choices are few.  Insiders who have been to Sao Paulo have mixed reactions.  Take a look at these posts:

Any recomendation for a stay in Sao Paulo, Brazil

International Hotels not posting stays and points properly

toader Platinum 2 Reviews

Just found this post while exploring Insider.  It's been almost three years and we only have 2 options in Central Sao Paulo (Renaissance and Marriott Executive Apartments), both of which are a good 20 minute taxi ride from the new Berrini commercial area.  Any update to this "business development" plans for Brazil?

mlampkin Platinum 1 Reviews

This is great news. While I only go to Sao Paulo two or three times a year, Marriott certainly needs more availability there. I don't think it makes sense to complain about any hotel being too far from a specific area in Sao Paulo because the city's business districts are so spread out and distant from each other. When I'm there, I have to go to several different locations, so I'm sunk no matter what. To me, it just makes more sense to stay in a safe area and fight the traffic during the day.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...